EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

question on usagi play:projections

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

question on usagi play:projections

Postby coolray85 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:32 +0000

hi guys!

I am writing my paper on why usagi yojimbo (and american splendor for that matter) is suited well for a stage adaptation.

I have a question though and since I could not attend the show myself I would be thankful if anyone who has seen it in person could confirm or correct this.
from all the reviews I am reviewing right now people really enjoyed the projections by Ele Dunn as they are brought up time and again.my impression was that they used stan's line drawings for these.am I right in assuming they projected sensei's drawings or did somebody else (Ele Dunn for example) re-draw or create new drawings?

thank you in advance!

greetings

Marcel
coolray85
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: question on usagi play:projections

Postby coolray85 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:20 +0000

I guess I have found the answer already myself.nina dunn provided sakai look alike artwork for the projections as I understand it..confirmation would be welcomed however;)
coolray85

Postby BuckRogers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:34 +0000

Ahhhh, you're from Munich! I LOVE Munich! I lived there for a month in 1995 on Teufelsburg Strasse. Soooo wonderful! Say hello to the Opera House (Saw Don Giovanni there--with live horses on stage!) and have a HUGE glass stein of beer for me at the Hofbrauhaus! I actually smuggled one of their glass steins out of the place and still have it at my house now--I use it as a spare coin collector! Great times! :D
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby coolray85 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:48 +0000

hahahaha, yes, I will buck!;)haha, we all do nick some of their glasses some day or another;)I have a huge maß from oktoberfest of wiesn how we are calling it over here and I don't even drink alcohol myself;)
I am living in riemerschmidstraße in hasebergl if that still means anything to you.if you ever get back to these shores, let's meet up for a mini dojo gathering;)
coolray85

Return to Dojo News