EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls #01 - Sakai variant

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls #01 - Sakai variant

Postby jabba359 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 16:37 +0000

Somebody (I think it might have been Gaffey) mentioned this in some other thread, but I thought I'd make a thread just for it so it's easier to find. Stan did a cover for Kevin Eastman's Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls #01, which comes out in May. All the variants can be ordered through your local comic shop at regular cover price, just as any other normal issue, so it should be easy to get if you want it. The comic arrives May 8 May 22, so you still have time to put in an order with your local comic book shop.

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR191853

Sakai - Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls  1 upload.jpg
Sakai - Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls 1 upload.jpg (106.33 KiB) Viewed 1125 times

I think Stan said he would be doing more variant covers on other books in the future, so I'll try to remember to create separate posts to keep everybody updated.
Last edited by jabba359 on Wed May 08, 2019 15:21 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls #01 - Sakai variant

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Wed Mar 20, 2019 16:00 +0000

Looks cool! Can't say I'm familiar with the source material, though (the only Eastman franchise I'm familiar with is TMNT, like most).
Chopalong Slashity
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby jabba359 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 17:46 +0000

Chopalong Slashity wrote:Looks cool! Can't say I'm familiar with the source material, though (the only Eastman franchise I'm familiar with is TMNT, like most).

It's a completely brand new thing he's doing, which might explain why it's unfamiliar. :wink:
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:56 +0000

jabba359 wrote:
Chopalong Slashity wrote:Looks cool! Can't say I'm familiar with the source material, though (the only Eastman franchise I'm familiar with is TMNT, like most).

It's a completely brand new thing he's doing, which might explain why it's unfamiliar. :wink:

It mentions the Ragdolls franchise (which I hadn't heard of before) dates all the way back to 1992, though.
Chopalong Slashity

Postby Steve Hubbell » Thu Mar 21, 2019 13:55 +0000

Chopalong Slashity wrote:
jabba359 wrote:

It mentions the Ragdolls franchise (which I hadn't heard of before) dates all the way back to 1992, though.

Kevin Eastman is doing a new mini-series/graphic novel called "Drawing Blood"....

The Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls are the creation of the main character of Drawing Blood and are appearing in a one-shot comic to coincide with Drawing Blood.
"Who is Shane Bookman?

Creators Kevin Eastman and David Avallone, with Artists Ben Bishop and Troy Little, want to tell you his story with their new comic book series, DRAWING BLOOD.

In 1992, Shane “Books” Bookman, and his brother Paul, released their scrappy indie creation on the unsuspecting comic book universe: The Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls. To their great surprise, everyone went wild for the adventures of three feline Katana wielding mutant cats, and a multi-million dollar franchise was born.

After more than a decade and a half of global success – comics/action figures/movies and just about anything else you could sell with a Ragdoll on it — the creators imploded. Too young and too naïve to know how to handle the sudden pressures of wealth and fame, they split up, and the franchise eventually sold.

Now “Books” is hitting his forties (hard), his money all gone, his artistic inspiration tapped out, and his very life in danger from the loan sharks his crooked business partner failed to tell him about before committing suicide. It’s hard enough to recover from a catastrophic encounter with the hit and run driver called “early success,” without having to worry about killers chasing you all over town.

Drawing Blood is a dark-comic-drama (dramadey?), the story behind the stories, a look inside the twisted life of a professional cartoonist. A roller-coaster of show biz and sex, fame and infamy, controlled substances and uncontrolled artists, genius and goons, this series takes you into the darkest corners of a mad world only talked about in the hotel bars of a Comic Con.

Drawing Blood is co-created by Eastman and Avallone, with scripts by Avallone. Primary art by Ben Bishop, with some sequences by Kevin Eastman and Troy Little and a Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls one-shot drawn by Little. Variant covers will be by Kevin Eastman and a constellation of comic book stars
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Thu Mar 21, 2019 14:00 +0000

Oooooooooh, I got it---in-universe. Don't mind me! :P
Chopalong Slashity

Postby jabba359 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 17:02 +0000

Chopalong Slashity wrote:Oooooooooh, I got it---in-universe. Don't mind me! :P

If it makes you feel any better, I was a bit confused as to what it was as well until I read Steve's post just now. :lol:
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby seimaki » Mon Apr 08, 2019 15:21 +0000

Very cool! Got an order in to Gecko Books, since I'm stuck out in HI for a couple more months.
seimaki

Postby Stan Sakai » Mon Apr 08, 2019 16:21 +0000

seimaki wrote:Very cool! Got an order in to Gecko Books, since I'm stuck out in HI for a couple more months.

Hey, I’m in Honolulu right now as well, in Kaimuki actually. I fly back to SoCal in a couple of days, though, and my time is pretty full with family stuff. I did make it to Kawaii-Kon on Saturday.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby seimaki » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:41 +0000

:o How funny! I'm in Kaimuki too, about a block from KCC. It's my first extended stay here (March-May) and I really like the area. Enjoy family time, and safe travels back!
seimaki

Postby Stan Sakai » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:08 +0000

seimaki wrote::o How funny! I'm in Kaimuki too, about a block from KCC. It's my first extended stay here (March-May) and I really like the area. Enjoy family time, and safe travels back!

I grew up just down the street from KCC—on Campbell near Monserrat, in the Kapahulu area.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby seimaki » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:25 +0000

Wow, I bet that was a pretty cool neighborhood to grow up in, between all the parks. I bet it was something else when you were a kid!

I'm on the other side of the hill, looking out toward Kahala, but within walking distance of Kaimuki business district and Fort Ruger Trail. It took a while to get used to driving on these narrow streets, but now I love it.
seimaki

Postby jabba359 » Wed May 22, 2019 14:35 +0000

Just picked up my copy. The cover paper has a super glossy finish. I don't think I've ever gotten a comic book with anything similar.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby maichan » Wed May 22, 2019 14:45 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Just picked up my copy. The cover paper has a super glossy finish. I don't think I've ever gotten a comic book with anything similar.

Cool!

I just called my local shop and they have my copies, so I know where I'm going after work! :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Wed May 22, 2019 16:52 +0000

My comic book store left me a voice message that I had comics to pick up. I only pull Usagi now days, so I didn't know which comic it could be (I picked up UY Saga 8 last week). This must be it! Something to look forward to. Did you read it yet? Any good? Peace, maka
Maka

Return to Dojo News