EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Heroes Initiative New Year’s raffle

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Heroes Initiative New Year’s raffle

Postby Maka » Thu Feb 27, 2020 19:56 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Holy smokes! I can't believe the Arts-Rec shirt is still available. I promise it's never been worn. :P

There is only 8 more picks so any guesses when it will go? :)
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby jabba359 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 23:20 +0000

I'm also surprised the shirt has lasted this long. I thought it would go in the top half.

I'm also glad I'm not dealing with all the shipping. Looks like a lot of work!
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Maka » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:23 +0000

jabba359 wrote:I'm also glad I'm not dealing with all the shipping. Looks like a lot of work!

Says the man who help organize, pack, and ship the Usagi Yojimbo Vol. 1, Variant Covers to a ton of dojo members. And who annually (so far, it's not an expectation going forward, man ;)) has bought, packed, and mailed dojo members stuff from SDCC and other west coast cons.

But yes, shipping is work. It would probably go faster if I didn't write (versus type) everyone a personal note and handwrite everyone's shipping addresses. But I feel like Santa Claus. I like giving these personal touches because our dojo is such a great community. (and maybe personal touches make them more likely to pay for shipping :lol: ).

My goal is to finish shipping all the people who have given me addresses and have picked their prizes by the end of tomorrow (Saturday). I have about 14 to pack and ship for tomorrow. There are 12 additional people to ship to (7 people haven't picked their prizes and at 5 of the Get Caugh Reading/WASABI tier people haven't sent me their mailing addresses yet). I received over $250 of the $500 of the shipping costs so far from winners already. A few of them rounding up or giving a buck or two to help those who cannot pay. And not everyone has received the prizes I mailed out this week. I'm pretty hopeful most winners will pay for the shipping. Regardless, I talked with Cheryl and Julie contacted me. Together we will be able to cover whatever is leftover in shipping costs.

Regardless, this is coming to an end soon. I'm looking forward to contacting the Hero Initiative again to let them know we, the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo, the greatest fansite on the internet since the 80s raised $3286 for them and their good work. <3.

Thanks for all of you who gave your own collectibles to make this successful. And those of you who just donated money to help incentivize people buying tickets. Amazing generosity! But that is who we are. Good people who love Usagi, Stan, and the whole community. I love you folks.

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby maichan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 14:30 +0000

Thank you Maka!!

I wanted to say more, but didn't know what to say.

I wanted to say something meaningful, but you've already said it all.

Sometimes simple is better. :D

So again, THANK YOU MAKA!
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Mon Mar 02, 2020 16:59 +0000

Thank Maichan!

I feel pretty good. I only have ten more packages to mail. 6 of those, the people haven't sent me their mailing addresses yet. And three of them still have to pick their prizes. I was able to mail (with the help of Mat Allen sending his two prizes from the UK and David from Hungary sending the HUSAGI cover page art) 46 packages in seven days. I'm quite proud of myself. :lol:

I've contacted James McLauchlin to ask the best way to donate the donations to the Hero Initiative. Waiting to hear back. Once the money is transferred, I will make it official with a post on the FB UYD page.

Thanks again, awesome UYDers. We did it! You helped my little dreams come true: to raise money for a great cause, give away to our UY/Stan Sakai fans some cool collectibles, and build the UYD community ups.

With gratitude, maka
Maka

Postby Gaffey » Thu Mar 05, 2020 13:15 +0000

What happened to the link? It no longer works for me. Did someone finally pick the shirt or was it forced upon the last winner? :P
Gaffey

Postby Maka » Thu Mar 05, 2020 18:26 +0000

I unpinned it from the page. The shirt was the third to the last to picked. All the way to Canada. I mailed it yesterday. The Jei sketchcard was the next one to be picked. So Garfield was the last prize standing. :)

The announcement of the donation will happen tomorrow at 7 am PCT. Thanks for all your donations again, Gaffey!

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby Gaffey » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:36 +0000

Maka wrote:I'm looking forward to contacting the Hero Initiative again to let them know we, the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo, the greatest fansite on the internet since the 80s raised $3286 for them and their good work. <3.
Wow! :shock: I completely missed this. Congratulations on raising so much money. I'm glad to see your hard work paid off.
Gaffey

Postby Gaffey » Fri Mar 13, 2020 18:36 +0000

This is the first time that I've seen someone publicly announce that they received their prize. Pretty cool!

https://twitter.com/dprowe

Gaffey

Previous

Return to Dojo News