EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Heroes Initiative New Year’s raffle

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Heroes Initiative New Year’s raffle

Postby maichan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 16:36 +0000

Just some random thoughts regarding stuff to think about...

Probably should flesh out the "prize selection process explanation" in a little more detail in the final announcement, explaining the first winner gets first pick, and on down the list of prizes until they are all gone.

One Prize per Winner and Drawing the winners names.... How do you plan to do it? Physically draw a persons name out of a hat? Or by some electronic means?
I know it gets a little tricky if let's say one or two persons buys 100 tickets each. Chances are their names will come up more than once. So you may have to draw a number of tickets until you come up with a new name. And if sales aren't good, and we have 30 prizes but only 20 names.... after 20 names the left over prizes get saved until the next raffle or give away?
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Mon Dec 16, 2019 20:56 +0000

I didn't know about the word raffle, Maichan. We can't use that word when giving things away at UCSB too. I'll think of something else but anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. ;)

Also a good idea about fleshing out the rules. I was thinking because this is the first one, no one knows the rules. The more we are clear with our instructions, the less expectations problems we will come up. I appreciate this feedback a lot. Thanks!

I have over 41 (edit: I counted wrong) prizes so far. I estimate the lowest price could be $5 worth but with Stan's signature, I think the raises the value to at least $10. I'm playing around with some give away tiers ($25 for the signed Usagi Wasabi magazine; $50 for the Signed Usagi Got Caught Reading oop posters; If people buy $50 worth of tickets - they get two extra tickets).

The first teaser will is scheduled to go out on facebook on Wednesday at 7:00 AM. Add some comments and let's make this fun! Thanks for the suggestions. Things are coming together.

Peace, maka
Last edited by Maka on Wed Dec 18, 2019 13:00 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Mayhem » Tue Dec 17, 2019 14:42 +0000

It’s because raffles are considered gambling. People tend to use the word “waffles” on FB instead heh.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Maka » Tue Dec 17, 2019 15:37 +0000

Dear UYDers,

(edit)
Last edited by Maka on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:40 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Maka

Postby Gaffey » Wed Dec 18, 2019 19:25 +0000

It doesn't look like I'm going to get the TMNT/Sakai Kickstarter box until the end January. I was hoping to add it to the (w)affle but maybe next time. I'll see if I can find something else.
Gaffey

Postby Mayhem » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:04 +0000

I will try to sort out a final photo of what’s in my prize pack tonight, and add to it if possible 8)
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Maka » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:49 +0000

Dear UY Dojo,

We are a week away from the First Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Charity Prize Giveaway! Thank you again for all of your physical and wordsmithing contributions. I tried last night to draft the post on the UYD FB page. I ended up deleting it because I couldn't add photos once I saved it as a draft/scheduled it. My goal is to draft the post today with all the prize photos in order and text. I'll schedule it to post next Saturday. Once it posts, if you see any errors, let me know and I'll edit the mistakes as we go. Mayhem, I know your prize is coming later, we will add it whenever it comes and that will be fine/great!

I'm excited for this! Thank you all for helping and supporting our Dojo!

Let's do this!

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby maichan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:42 +0000

Maka wrote:Dear UYDers,

(edit)

Wow, that was quite an edit! :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:44 +0000

Maka wrote:Dear UYDers,

(edit)

And not just once, but twice! :lol: :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:55 +0000

Dear Maka,

So, just wanted to mention about the prizes, and I can't recall if you wrote it here, or in a text to me, but I'll bring it up here because it's easier to type on a real keyboard. :lol:

I know at first you were thinking of bundling the Saga books, but then decided to do them individually, which I think is a good idea since it give more people the chance to own one. I was wondering, will you do the same with the statues? I can't recall if you were planning to bundle them or do them individually. Personally, I think it'd also be better to split them up rather than bundled together. Otherwise, I can't think of anything else at the moment. :P
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Maka » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:34 +0000

Thanks, Maichan,

I decided to bundle up the statues. I thought they made a good set together because you have the teacher/Katsuichi, the student/Jotaro, and child thief/Kiyoko. Three is a nice way to display statues. And that is how I took the photos, so I hope that is okay.

We will have 40 prizes, so there will be plenty of prizes to win. I think that Roku Statue Set will be one of the most popular ones people will want to win. Thank you again for your generosity of donating two of those rare statues, Maichan! (and the Saga Limited Editions). You, along with the others, have made this a wonderful charity prize giveaway for fans across the globe. We couldn't have done this without you.

I just spent the last couple of hours drafting the post on Facebook and it is ready to go in the drafts section of the dojo page. It's good enough and we will make corrections as we find them. I'm feeling very proud of us and excited for next Saturday to begin.

Once it is posted, please comment, react, tag friends, and share to boost it on UYDers followers walls. Thanks so much!

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby maichan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:46 +0000

Great idea Maka, I like your thinking! :D

This is an exciting time for Usagi & the Dojo!

(edit) Oh, now I see you said you have the Katsuichi statue also! That is great! :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Sun Jan 05, 2020 0:16 +0000

In case anyone missed it, "The First Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Charity Random Prize Giveaway!" is now LIVE on Facebook!
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby go » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:47 +0000

go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby Maka » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:35 +0000

Steve also generously gave a donation with the instructions of the next 30 people to donate will get an extra ticket to the one(s) they pay for. As admins, we are not eligible to win prizes. But Steve still finds a way to help us promote and raise funds.

We reach over our halfway to our goal of raising $2,000 in less than a day. That lifts my heart. Thanks so much for sharing, commenting, and engaging with the post. We had a great start to our Charity prize giveaway. We will continue to promote it.

I contacted the Heroes Initiative. They will start promoting it this coming week. And there is one more surprise coming up sometime soon.

One question/ask for help: I’m not sure how to add photos to the original post. Can I do that? It seems possible but when I edit the post it only allows me to change the text. Do I have to be an admin of the page to do that (I’m an editor)?

Peace, maka
Maka

PreviousNext

Return to Dojo News