EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Samurai Warrior screen shots

Post problems and requests to the UY Dojo here. Requests include something you'd like to appear on the UY Dojo: Story synopses, Character descriptions, etc.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Samurai Warrior screen shots

Postby scorpion » Mon Feb 10, 2003 17:21 +0000

Hi there!

Stumbling onto the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo, I found the Official Usagi Yojimbo Video Game Website, describing a game I got quite some time ago, when I got my first computer, the Commodore 64.

Image Image

I do remember having lots of fun with this game, figuring out how everything worked etc. (since I got the game with the computer, with no guide or anything) and, to my shame, I must admit that, until I stumbled onto this site, I never knew anything more about it than the video game. So naturally I will be at the comic book store tomorrow! :)

When I was browsing through the Spectrum and C64 screenshots of Samurai Warrior in the Video Game Image Gallery, I noticed that the C64 screenshots were actually those printed on the back cover.

Image Image

Since I'm a regular (.?!) nut about the Commodore 64 and its software (even after 20 years since its development! :-P), I not only still use it, but also have some emulators installed and transferred some games from floppy disks to D64 files for use with the emulators, one game of which is -of course- Samurai Warrior, so I could keep on playing it (... it's true!).

Image Image

I used CCS64 to make some screenshots, which I'd like to offer for consideration to place on the image gallery. WinVICE is another good emulator (especially the video emulation!). This MIDI file is, as far as I can find, the closest to the actual game music (file description). Original C64 music by Greg Holland.

Image Image

PS. I preferred mailing all this over posting it, but I couldn't find any email address to send it to (that can ofcourse also mean that I didn't look hard enough :))...
scorpion
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Samurai Warrior screen shots

Postby digulla » Tue Feb 11, 2003 14:10 +0000

scorpion wrote:I preferred mailing all this over posting it, but I couldn't find any email address to send it to (that can ofcourse also mean that I didn't look hard enough :))...

The simple solution would have been to just offer the images here. We'd have got in contact with you and talked about a way how to transfer the images. OTOH, the images are so small (5-6KB) that it doesn't really matter if they stay available for as long as the Dojo exists.

Another idea: How about creating a players guide/walk-through?
Aaron Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
"It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
http://www.philmann-dark.de/
digulla
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: Samurai Warrior screen shots

Postby scorpion » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:42 +0000

digulla wrote:The simple solution would have been to just offer the images here.

I thought as much, unfortunately AFTER I already posted it on the wrong forum... :-P

digulla wrote:We'd have got in contact with you and talked about a way how to transfer the images. OTOH, the images are so small (5-6KB) that it doesn't really matter if they stay available for as long as the Dojo exists.

I'm gonna leave that up to you. I'll keep these pictures online for a while, until you decide to take 'em over (actual size displayed).

digulla wrote:Another idea: How about creating a players guide/walk-through?

I'd love to do that! For any additional info, please email me at scorpion_gtmf@wanadoo.nl!
scorpion
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Help