EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi gaming figures

Post problems and requests to the UY Dojo here. Requests include something you'd like to appear on the UY Dojo: Story synopses, Character descriptions, etc.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Usagi gaming figures

Postby stan sakai » Sat Aug 17, 2002 13:44 +0000

I'm signing a deal to produce a set of spun metal figures up to 50 mm tall--you know, the ones they use for role playing games.<br>The deal is with Dark Ages Miniatures for 12 figures within the year. Of course, we'll do Usagi, Tomoe, Gen, Katsuichi, Young Usagi, and Spot. What other characters would you like to see?
stan sakai

Re: Usagi gaming figures

Postby Chris Laine » Sat Aug 17, 2002 13:54 +0000

The deal is with Dark Ages Miniatures for 12 figures within the year. Of course, we'll do Usagi, Tomoe, Gen, Katsuichi, Young Usagi, and Spot. What other characters would you like to see?

Let's see... I think Lord Noriyuki, Priest Sanshobo, and Jei should be included. I'd also like to see Kitsune and Chizu in there. And Lord Hebi because he's cool.
Chris Laine

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 17, 2002 14:10 +0000

The Blind Swordspig!
Also, Chizu, Kitsune, and Lone Goat and Kid.

Chris
Chris

Postby Naomi (SunWolf) » Sat Aug 17, 2002 14:11 +0000

Zylla!
Katsuichi has always been one of my favorites, personally.
How about two versions of Usagi? One in his traveling clothes, and one in full armor?
Maybe Lord Mifune too!
Naomi (SunWolf)

Postby Chris Laine » Sat Aug 17, 2002 14:12 +0000

The deal is with Dark Ages Miniatures for 12 figures within the year. Of course, we'll do Usagi, Tomoe, Gen, Katsuichi, Young Usagi, and Spot. What other characters would you like to see?

Let's see... I think Lord Noriyuki, Priest Sanshobo, and Jei should be included. I'd also like to see Kitsune and Chizu in there. And Lord Hebi because he's cool.
Chris Laine

Postby Becky-Chan » Sat Aug 17, 2002 14:13 +0000

I'd love to see Space Usagi.. :D

If not then Chizu and Inazuma :D

I'm signing a deal to produce a set of spun metal figures up to 50 mm tall--you know, the ones they use for role playing games.

Becky-Chan

Postby Glennosuke » Sat Aug 17, 2002 14:14 +0000

I would really like an Inspector Ishida!
Glennosuke

Postby timeboy » Sat Aug 17, 2002 14:15 +0000

I would love to see Priest Sanshobo and Jei!

I'm signing a deal to produce a set of spun metal figures up to 50 mm tall--you know, the ones they use for role playing games.

timeboy

Postby John » Sat Aug 17, 2002 14:15 +0000

I think a Yagi & Gorogoro with cart would be cool.
John

Postby Alex » Sat Aug 17, 2002 14:16 +0000

John wrote:I think a Yagi & Gorogoro with cart would be cool.

I agree...

I`d love to see Lord Mifune on a horse with full armor.

cheers!!
Alex

Postby Garret » Sat Aug 17, 2002 22:58 +0000

Just out of curiosity, would they be produced unpainted, painted or possibly both?

Also I'd suggest the general Ikeda.

Perhaps a kappa, oni, spider-queen, neko ninja or komori ninja would be good too. How else will Usagi have overwhelming numbers of foes to overcome?
Garret
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: UY gaming figures

Postby joshua ford » Wed Aug 21, 2002 0:18 +0000

Sounds great, Stan. I hope the sculptor is good, and can capture your art style.

Garret: If they are gaming miniatures they'll be unpainted.

As for my picks on what characters should appear, the antagonists have to have their fare share:

-Jei (of course; either version, but spear wielding Jei would be better) / possibly with Keiko
-Lord Hebi (I just wanna see this big guy modeled)
-Shingen (for Kama wielding contrast to the other named characters)
-Komori, Mogura, & Neko ninja (these guys all would make great minis, especially for the RPG)
-Zato Ino (again, he'd just make another great looking miniature and would go along with the Spot mini too)
-Yagi & Gorogoro (if you're doing the blind swordspig you should do these two as well, just for the full samurai movie effect)

Thinking along the lines of the RPG, a couple of the more generic/humble looking characters would be good for player character representation in a game:

-Nakamura Koji
-Kitsune
-Inspector Ishida
-Priest Sanshobo
-Chizu
-Noriyuki

If the minis are a hit, and you decide to produce more, a mounted and/or armored Lord Mifune, Usagi, and Gunichi would be in order, as would a battle dressed Lord Hikiji ala Return to Adachi Plain. Some ashigaru soldiers and just generic "funny little animal" samurai and ronin would be good too.

Stan, you mentioned the minis were going to be 50mm. I'm surprised they aren't somewhere in the range of 25mm, that's usually the generic size for gaming minis.

And the minis are all well and good, but what I'm interested in is Wizkids' Comic Con announcement that they'll be doing INDY hero clix. They've mentioned that they already have the rights to produce one Dark Horse Maverick's (Mike Mignolia's Hellboy) character, but I was wondering if they had any of the other Mavericks' characters. Might we possibly see an Usagi and Groo heroclix? I'd snatch that set up in a heartbeat if it were case.
joshua ford
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Re: UY gaming figures

Postby digulla » Wed Aug 21, 2002 14:02 +0000

joshua ford wrote:Sounds great, Stan. I hope the sculptor is good, and can capture your art style.

Uhm... sorry to stop your enthusiasm but this is just a test-board :-) I doubt that Stan or any of the other guys will read your post because I just copied the entries from the old DojoBoard over to give an example how it would look :-)

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Aaron Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
"It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
http://www.philmann-dark.de/
digulla
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 22, 2002 13:42 +0000

:D YAY! UY figures would be totally awsome! my favorites would be:

-Gorogoro & Yagi in a cart
-Priest Sanshobo
-Kitsune
-Jei
-Usagi in a battle pose (v.s. a passive pose)
-and if you can convince them to allow a large scale figure, a large figure of Lord Hebi

These are my thoughts. if you are happy with the figures that the sculpter produces, you should attempt to have him do sets of serries like grass cutter, seasons, ect. you could also try for ninja, bandits, and commoners. :D

Postby Robert Wetherelt » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:14 +0000

Don't forget ZATO-INO,YAGI & GOROGORO, DEMON MASK, CHIZU,KITSUNE ,LORD NORIYUKE,and INZUNAME[ Oh yes and JEI.]And there are so many more.TENGU,ONI,KAPPA,FOXFIRES,GOBLINS,etc.And Sakai-sensei you have my deepest admiration and respect. toonz@sympatico.ca [Bob W.]
Robert Wetherelt
Robert Wetherelt
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Next

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Help