EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

New layout of the UY Dojo

Post problems and requests to the UY Dojo here. Requests include something you'd like to appear on the UY Dojo: Story synopses, Character descriptions, etc.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

New layout of the UY Dojo

Postby digulla » Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:01 +0000

(Note: this discussion startes via email between Todd and me and we thought it was a good idea to continue it here so you can give your comments, too)

Todd Shogun wrote:
digulla wrote:I wanted to convert all pages to the new layout, even the Tomoe Ame website and Rabbit Bodyguards. The pages should still look distinctive: Tomoe Ame website will show her in the linkmenu and the Geishu mon in the background, for example, and the Rabbit Bodyguards will have a green instead of a blue overall hue.

The new layout if from Becky Chan, after all :-)

I admit there are many pages in the UYD which could use a face lift, but there are a lot that I would like to leave as they are now.

I feel the same but I also feel uneasy about different layouts. If this is one site then all pages should look the same (not to the pixel but each page should behave the same way).

The other thing which worries is me is the size of the layout. The images are quite large and the layout is complicated. With any 4.x browser, it looks ugly. While I don't worry too much about the 4.x issue (only 5% of all internet users are still using old browsers), I do worry about modem users.
Aaron Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
"It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
http://www.philmann-dark.de/
digulla
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Todd Shogun » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:49 +0000

Sounds good to me. I was just concerned about some of the UYD sites that were put together by various Retainers (Becky-chan, Keith Gill, etc...). I wanted to make sure we weren't changing their creations too much without their knowing about it. If the layout (link and text placement) is all that will be changing, and not the graphics/visuals, then we'll probably be okay.
Todd Shogun
Shogun

Postby digulla » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:51 +0000

Todd Shogun wrote:Sounds good to me. I was just concerned about some of the UYD sites that were put together by various Retainers (Becky-chan, Keith Gill, etc...). I wanted to make sure we weren't changing their creations too much without their knowing about it. If the layout (link and text placement) is all that will be changing, and not the graphics/visuals, then we'll probably be okay.

Of course, I would contact the retainers before changing anything which belongs to them :-) I know how much it can hurt if someone "does you a favor".
But I'm really concerned about the modem users... any reading this? How bearable is the download time of the new layout?
Aaron Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
"It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
http://www.philmann-dark.de/
digulla
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Help