EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

c64 UY game's US release in "Thunder Mountain Action Pa

Post problems and requests to the UY Dojo here. Requests include something you'd like to appear on the UY Dojo: Story synopses, Character descriptions, etc.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

c64 UY game's US release in "Thunder Mountain Action Pa

Postby Kenshiroh » Sat Nov 02, 2002 23:24 +0000

I was just looking at the page about the UY video game (http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/coolstuff/videogame.html). The page states that "[The UY game] was officially released only in Europe and Australia, and not in the U.S."

I just wanted to let you know that it actually was released in the US as part of the "Thunder Mountain Action Pack, Vol. 1". I still have the instructions and the disk with the UY game. This disk includes (on side 1) "Great Escape", "Paradroid", "Usagi Yojimbo", and (on side 2) "Implosion". There were a few other games included in the set on other disks as well.

I don't have the box anymore, but I remember that it showed the packages for all the games in the set, and package shown for "Usagi Yojimbo" used the same art as the cover of Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 1, #18. (The packaging and instructions for the game refer to it as "Usagi Yojimbo", and not "Samurai Warrior" as was apparently the case with the European versions.)

I have made scans of the UY game's instructions and the disk with the UY game on it, and can e-mail them if you want. (Just let me know the address to send to.)

I found the "Thunder Mountain Action Pack" in Olympia, WA during the time when the TMNT were extremely popular. (If I remember correctly, it came from a Target store, but I'm not 100% sure.) At the time I got this game, I was only familiar with Usagi through his appearances in the TMNT cartoon, and didn't even realize that Usagi had his own comic book.

Well, that's about it.
Kenshiroh
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: c64 UY game's US release in "Thunder Mountain Actio

Postby digulla » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:38 +0000

Kenshiroh wrote:I have made scans of the UY game's instructions and the disk with the UY game on it, and can e-mail them if you want. (Just let me know the address to send to.)

You can send all to me (see email below) so I can add this to the Videogame page.
Aaron Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
"It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
http://www.philmann-dark.de/
digulla
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Help