EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Login Problem?

Post problems and requests to the UY Dojo here. Requests include something you'd like to appear on the UY Dojo: Story synopses, Character descriptions, etc.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Login Problem?

Postby Lobster Johnson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 18:42 +0000

At the Classic Comics Forum I was contacted by a member of this forum, asking if I had encountered a login issue on the Dojoboard. Here's the description:
"Yet recently when I have tried to log onto the board, I receive a security alert saying the board is not secure and any passwords or other pertinent information may be vulnerable to theft should I continue."

Has anyone else here come across this problem? I have not.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Lobster Johnson
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Login Problem?

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Aug 09, 2017 20:08 +0000

I just logged off and then back on (normally I am logged on automatically) and did not see any warning message during the process. Beyond that, I have no idea, could be something on that person's computer already.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby maichan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 21:20 +0000

I've read similar problems from various users of several forums I'm on. Answers varied from it being the browser to malware. Some browsers are more sensitive to a website security codes (or other stuff which I'm not familiar with). A recent update to the browser may have triggered this, and it can often be adjusted in the browsers settings. Sorry if my answers are vague, but I just wanted to share that this seems to be a common issue across the web, and usually appears to be harmless. Suggest the person run full scans on their computer and then check their browser settings. Hopefully someone more tech savvy can chime in and advise.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby BuckRogers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 0:47 +0000

No problems here.

Not sure why s/he is encountering this.
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby Mayhem » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 +0000

It's likely to be something browser specific, they aren't using Firefox by any chance? That tends to be a little picky about certain things.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Rustyblade » Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:27 +0000

It happened to me when using chrome on galaxy s7, it only happens if I click the Dojomail login at the very top of the website. Just tried it again and it gave me the warning.
Rustyblade

Postby Steve Hubbell » Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:59 +0000

Rustyblade wrote:It happened to me when using chrome on galaxy s7, it only happens if I click the Dojomail login at the very top of the website. Just tried it again and it gave me the warning.

The DojoMail is pretty much inactive, and has nothing to do with the forum itself (anymore). Ten or fifteen years ago they offered email accounts on the same server as the Dojo web-site. I had problems with the one I set up pretty much from the start, plus the fact that I barely used it anyways. The DojoMail app probably got corrupted by a site hack close to ten years ago when the forum ended up being upgraded and new registration security and anti-hacking upgrades implemented. Or the message could be caused by the page being old and basically abandoned.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby maichan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 22:17 +0000

I always log in with the prompt next to the FAQ and Members on the right side of the screen.

I never tried the Dojomail until now, & this is what I got...

dojomailerror by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

I think most sites are https now, the old link is probably http so it sets off the not secure warning.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Lobster Johnson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 19:45 +0000

Thanks very much for the replies everyone. I've passed these ideas on, and I hope this will solve the problem.
Lobster Johnson

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Help