EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 variant group ordering

A forum for trading UY comics, books, and other collectibles. Looking for missing back issues? Want to sell/trade your extra copies of UY? Want to post your eBay auction? Then look no further!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 variant group ordering

Postby Mayhem » Sat Jun 22, 2019 0:23 +0000

Had a message from Vault, as I ordered off eBay directly and didn’t get you to buy it for me Kyle... all their copies have the same print problems as Slab etc, so they are asking people if they want the damaged copy or wait for a complete reprint on the variant. So you may get a similar message shortly.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby jabba359 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:43 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Had a message from Vault, as I ordered off eBay directly and didn’t get you to buy it for me Kyle... all their copies have the same print problems as Slab etc, so they are asking people if they want the damaged copy or wait for a complete reprint on the variant. So you may get a similar message shortly.

I had mentioned the Slab City situation in our email and said that they were getting theirs reprinted, but he replied that IDW was sending him 36 copies they had, so I think the group order is getting ours from that batch, as I just got a shipping notice Friday night. I had originally told him we'd take damaged ones (rather than not get the cover at all) before he knew that he'd be getting them reprinted. But later, when he mentioned the 36 copies IDW was sending him, I inferred that he'd be sending us copies from that small batch, so I guess we'll see what shows up. Some of the copies in the picture he originally sent me didn't look bad at all, so I'd think that if he was sending out some with flaws, he'd probably send out the best of those and exchange the worst of them for the new printing.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Mayhem » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:37 +0000

Possibly. The message also said the batch IDW sent them afterwards (the 40 you mentioned) all had the same flaws too.

I received our shipment of Usagi Yojimbo #1 and sadly every copy was damaged from the printers. I didn't contact you sooner because IDW was sending us another 40 copies they had in their warehouse but they are in the same condition. So, since this was a printer issues with IDW they are going back to print on our copies and I will have to send all of these back to be destroyed. I can either send out the copy to you that I have or you can wait for a better condition copy. I am awaiting a date from IDW but I am guessing here that it could be a month away. Again, this is a guess.

I apologize for this and I am deeply saddened this happened. We are not the only retailer who had this issue. I know of 3 others who had this issue. I realize some people don't care about condition as much as others so I wanted to ask if you wanted me to go ahead and send a copy I can do it.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby jabba359 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 14:47 +0000

Other Realms and Legends covers arrived today.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby lookatyouhacker » Mon Jun 24, 2019 16:29 +0000

Did anyone get the variant with J Scott Campbell's art on the cover?

Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby jabba359 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 19:38 +0000

lookatyouhacker wrote:Did anyone get the variant with J Scott Campbell's art on the cover?

I know there are at least 11 of us that are getting this variant. It hasn't shipped out yet, though.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon Jun 24, 2019 21:53 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Other Realms and Legends covers arrived today.

Those two came in for me as well.....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby jabba359 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 16:15 +0000

Updates on any I don't have in hand:

AOC had a shipping problem from IDW to Canada, but theirs just arrived in their store today and they said they're processing the comics and will start shipping them out in the order they were purchased. I think Steve and I were very early on our orders, so those should go out soon.

Comics and Ponies haven't started shipping yet as far as I'm aware. edit: found a post on Instagram with a guy that got his a few days ago.

Dogu hasn't mailed my order out yet. With Stan on his signing tour, I suppose they probably haven't had time to get to the online orders.

Frankie's batch somehow ended up in Canada (maybe the AOC and Frankie's orders got switched?), so those are now making their way from Canada to the proper location. They expect them sometime this next week.

I emailed about the HeroesCon covers (again) that were supposed to have been saved for me, so am still waiting to hear on those.

I sent a message to Incredible Con to see what their plans are for releasing theirs. If they're not doing it until Sept. (the dates of their convention), then I won't be doing a group order on that particular variant since I will have mailed out everybody's packages by then. So for now, I'm not adding a group buy listing for theirs.

Order from NEC showed up the other day...with only a single comic book in the package. I've reached out to them to get this fixed, as I ordered 10 copies.

Slab City is getting reprints (as noted earlier), but don't have a date on when that will happen yet.

The copies from Vault arrived and aren't the best (in fact, one of them is downright terrible). From our communications, it seemed we were going to get good copies due to the reprint or the IDW extras (though it turns out Mayhem was told those weren't good either), so I immediately inquired about sending them back to get them returned with the rest of the damaged ones to IDW and getting the reprints instead (with me paying shipping both ways, so the store wouldn't be out any money), but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Since I'll be attending SDCC, I can pick up more Signing Tour books and the IDW Convention exclusive virgin Usagi/Ragnarok 2-pack for anybody that wants those. I'm adding the IDW exclusive pack to the original post.
Last edited by jabba359 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 0:31 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby david20009 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:06 +0000

Can you please add me to the IDW SDCC exclusive Usagi/Ragnarok virgin 2-pack Sakai/Simonson list. Thanks
david20009
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Gaffey » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:04 +0000

jabba359 wrote:I emailed about the HeroesCon covers (again) that were supposed to have been saved for me, so am still waiting to hear on those.
I hope they didn't forget about you because they are Sold Out according to their website.

Have you considered asking them to include some of the Usagi ad cards with your order? :wink:
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 +0000

Dear Kyle,

Please add me the SDCC virgin cover set too. I’m also interested in the litho print of the cover, if you are willing. And if you are able to get them signed to me, that would be the icing on the cake. But I will be grateful for whatever you can do. Thanks again for being so generous to the Dojo with you time and energy. Peace, maka
Maka

Postby jabba359 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 18:16 +0000

Gaffey wrote:
jabba359 wrote:I emailed about the HeroesCon covers (again) that were supposed to have been saved for me, so am still waiting to hear on those.
I hope they didn't forget about you because they are Sold Out according to their website.

Have you considered asking them to include some of the Usagi ad cards with your order? :wink:

They told me they were only putting a very small quantity on their site before the show, so there's probably some left over from the convention that haven't been posted up yet.

And forum member SHB mailed me a big stack of probably 50 to 100 of those ad cards, so I'm covered.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 0:37 +0000

david20009 wrote:Can you please add me to the IDW SDCC exclusive Usagi/Ragnarok virgin 2-pack Sakai/Simonson list. Thanks

Maka wrote:Please add me the SDCC virgin cover set too.

Got you both on the list.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Gaffey » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:22 +0000

jabba359 wrote:And forum member SHB mailed me a big stack of probably 50 to 100 of those ad cards, so I'm covered.
Maybe that's why I never saw them. :lol:
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby jabba359 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:12 +0000

Gaffey wrote:
jabba359 wrote:And forum member SHB mailed me a big stack of probably 50 to 100 of those ad cards, so I'm covered.
Maybe that's why I never saw them. :lol:

I think he got them as he was leaving on the last day. They had piles of them and the lady he asked said to take as many as he wanted, as they were going to just toss them in the garbage.
-Kyle
jabba359

PreviousNext

Return to RYAAAA! Marketplace