EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Eshbaal's Usagi Fanart

A place for Dojo Members to post Usagi Yojimbo "Otaku" art and fiction. Display your artistic and/or literary works based on Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo here!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Becky-Chan, Moderators

Eshbaal's Usagi Fanart

Postby Eshbaal » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:41 +0000

Hello there, folks.

I am a fairly new user, even if my profile might indicate otherwise - I simply haven't posted here yet, and for a while mysteriously couldn't log in at all.

I thought I'd introduce myself by posting something I have done a fair bit of over the last few years: Usagi Yojimbo fanart. I only got to know the character for real through the comics about three years ago when I recieved the first Dark Horse "Saga" book for christmas, and have since then acquired everything I can (I still need to read the latest book, Sensho, Yokai and Space Usagi - so as you can imagine, I am pretty stoked for "Legends"). It more or less instantly became my favorite comic book, an dI have read the full run approximately three times so far.

I'm from Denmark, 28 years of age and do a fair bit of drawing, as well as Youtube video production - in fact, I am working on a video about Usagi's earlier TMNT cartoon appearences to coincide with his crossover with the 2012 cartoon next week. Taking notes to the 2003 episodes as I am posting this.

Some of you may have possibly seen these drawings on the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo facebook page... but I still wanted to show off a little and post (the best) of them directly here..
And yes, before you ask, Kitsune IS a favorite. Hence why I draw her so often. I also realize I accidentally gave her five finger sin one drawing, but oh well.

Hopefully one sees some improvement over time.

I am also lately working on a drawing of Kiyoko with all incarnations of Jei, but I am going a bit on and offo n that.^
Hope you like this much so far, at least.
Eshbaal
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Eshbaal's Usagi Fanart

Postby Mayhem » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:16 +0000

Welcome :)

I think we still have the new accounts set to admin authorise, and I guess we may occasionally forget to go check and allow people in. Mainly because we got hit by some bad spam in the past and never wanted to go back to that! So apologies for taking so long to approve your account.

As for the art, nice work so far :)
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Eshbaal » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:23 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Welcome :)

I think we still have the new accounts set to admin authorise, and I guess we may occasionally forget to go check and allow people in. Mainly because we got hit by some bad spam in the past and never wanted to go back to that! So apologies for taking so long to approve your account.

As for the art, nice work so far :)

Oh, that explains it. Don't worry about it - I can log in now, so everything's cool.

And thanks.
Eshbaal

Postby Eltanin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 +0000

Cool drawings. And welcome!
Eltanin

Postby Maka » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:57 +0000

I love your fan art! Welcome (back) to the dojo! Peace, Maka
Maka

Postby jabba359 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 13:54 +0000

Nice work. These look like they popped out of an Usagi cartoon series.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Eshbaal » Sat Jul 15, 2017 15:47 +0000

Maka wrote:I love your fan art! Welcome (back) to the dojo! Peace, Maka

Eltanin wrote:Cool drawings. And welcome!

Thank you!

jabba359 wrote:Nice work. These look like they popped out of an Usagi cartoon Aweseries.

Awe, now you're just being a flatterer. I'd have to be able to keep my BADWORD on model for that, heh.
Eshbaal

Postby maichan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:36 +0000

Welcome! And like everyone else let me say, NICE WORK!

I agree with Kyle, your art does look like it would have come from an Usagi cartoon! :D
I wish it really did, so I could watch it! :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 +0000

I could have sworn I posted a reply here the other day. Must have hit the preview and then forgot to actually post it.

First off, welcome to the UY Dojo forums, great to see you here.

Sorry that it took so long to activate your account after you registered, most registrations are self-activated through an email link, but we get the occasional registration that seems to get hung up in limbo for who-knows-what-reason until one of us administrators happens to find it awaiting activation. I usually try to check for them one a regular basis but sometimes a few weeks will slip by without much notice.

Great seeing your art here on the forum, you can tell that I liked it since I made a separate album for it on the UY Dojo Facebook page. And I have to agree that it really does have an "animated" feel to it that is pretty awesome.

Now to make sure I hit the "submit" button instead of "preview"....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Eltanin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 +0000

I think there is a problem with the Dojo mail server. All Dojo emails were sent straight to spam by my Hotmail box (something about certificates that can't be verified) and don't even appear anywhere in my Gmail.
Eltanin

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:06 +0000

Eltanin wrote:I think there is a problem with the Dojo mail server. All Dojo emails were sent straight to spam by my Hotmail box (something about certificates that can't be verified) and don't even appear anywhere in my Gmail.

For years I never received any email notifications from the forum, but over the last few months I have actually been getting them.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Eshbaal » Thu Jul 20, 2017 15:49 +0000

maichan wrote:Welcome! And like everyone else let me say, NICE WORK!

I agree with Kyle, your art does look like it would have come from an Usagi cartoon! :D
I wish it really did, so I could watch it! :lol:

I mean, I am hardly an animator, but if I ever did end up at the helm of an animation studio, you can bet I'd move mountains to get a series made, or even just an anthology film or something.
Thanks though. This is far too flattering.

Steve Hubbell wrote:I could have sworn I posted a reply here the other day. Must have hit the preview and then forgot to actually post it.

First off, welcome to the UY Dojo forums, great to see you here.

Sorry that it took so long to activate your account after you registered, most registrations are self-activated through an email link, but we get the occasional registration that seems to get hung up in limbo for who-knows-what-reason until one of us administrators happens to find it awaiting activation. I usually try to check for them one a regular basis but sometimes a few weeks will slip by without much notice.

Great seeing your art here on the forum, you can tell that I liked it since I made a separate album for it on the UY Dojo Facebook page. And I have to agree that it really does have an "animated" feel to it that is pretty awesome.

Now to make sure I hit the "submit" button instead of "preview"....

No biggie, it happens and I am here now. Thanks either way!
Eshbaal

Postby Eshbaal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 +0000

Aaaaaand another of the two best thieves.

Eshbaal

Postby Eshbaal » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:19 +0000

Doodled this at like 1 AM last night. Check attachment.
Attachments
Tea time for Kitsune Sketch.jpg
Tea time for Kitsune Sketch.jpg (103.13 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
Eshbaal

Postby richarddragon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 +0000

Eshbaal wrote:Doodled this at like 1 AM last night. Check attachment.

Nice!
Now would I cheat a friend?
richarddragon

Next

Return to Rabbit Bodyguards - Fan Art & Fiction