EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo (Animated) - A Youtube Video

A place for Dojo Members to post Usagi Yojimbo "Otaku" art and fiction. Display your artistic and/or literary works based on Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo here!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Becky-Chan, Moderators

Usagi Yojimbo (Animated) - A Youtube Video

Postby Eshbaal » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:05 +0000

Hey folks. Sorry for making this in a seperate thread, but I felt it didn't really fit with my art thread.

Outside of just my drawings, I also spend a lot of my freetime making Youtube videos. Primarily, I have a Youtube channel called Fiction Addiction, where I talk about just about anything that interests me, be it comic books, movies, games, cartoons, etc., and a jokey review sketch show manner akin to, for example, The Nostalgia Critic, JonTron or the like.

It's hardly a huge channel, but I figured the video that I released today would be of interest on this forum. Since today is the day that Usagi finally appeared in the Nickelodeon series, and I thought for a while I couldn't actually do the video about my favorite Usagi stories that i wanted (which will now be the next video instead), I ended up making a video where I take a closer look at his appearences in the 1987 and the 2003 Turtles cartoons. And I thought it might be a good idea to post it here where his fans can see it. (If you feel this is spammy or just me plugging myself, feel free to delete the thread. I simply want to share what I made with fans).

Now, naturally, this being a jokey YouTube video, I may have a sense of humor you don't agree with, and there IS a good amount of strong language and slightly exaggerated expressions of opinion, for those of you that aren't fond of that.

Hope you enjoy, in any case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR19Js5UW8c
Eshbaal
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Usagi Yojimbo (Animated) - A Youtube Video

Postby maichan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 +0000

That was..... fun to watch!

I never got around to watching any of those episodes, so this was an interesting introduction and recap to them, even with the strong language and slightly exaggerated expressions of opinion. :lol:

I look forward to your next episode about your favorite Usagi stories.

Do you think you'll do a follow-up covering the new Nickelodeon episodes?
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Eshbaal » Mon Jul 24, 2017 17:00 +0000

maichan wrote:That was..... fun to watch!

I never got around to watching any of those episodes, so this was an interesting introduction and recap to them, even with the strong language and slightly exaggerated expressions of opinion. :lol:

I look forward to your next episode about your favorite Usagi stories.

Do you think you'll do a follow-up covering the new Nickelodeon episodes?

Awe, I'm glad, thanks!

Heh, sorry, I emphasized that for a couple of reasons. In Denmark, such things aren't really considered a big deal, but I know it can be slightly touchy with some, particularly from the US, and I wasn't entirely sure what the overall attitude was on here. Figured I'd at least let people know rather than someone running into something they definitely didn't agree with.

As for the Nickelodeon episodes, definitely. I JUST watched Yojimbo, and I'll probably do a full review of the arc once all episodes have aired... though in a more relaxed VLOG-y way, probably.
Eshbaal

Postby Maka » Mon Jul 24, 2017 17:35 +0000

My daughters and I just watched your blog and we laughed a lot. We also haven't seen the previous animated Usagi so it was a funny recap. I liked the YouTube video and look forward to the next one too. Good job! Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Eshbaal » Tue Jul 25, 2017 0:19 +0000

Maka wrote:My daughters and I just watched your blog and we laughed a lot. We also haven't seen the previous animated Usagi so it was a funny recap. I liked the YouTube video and look forward to the next one too. Good job! Peace, maka

Woohoo! Bridging age gaps!
Thanks, though.
Eshbaal

Postby Edgerton » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:54 +0000

I like it!
I believe this is the place I've been looking for eternity. That is true, I really want to get giro live stream. I've heard only the crates can be found there. What do you think, man?
Edgerton

Postby Eshbaal » Tue Jun 04, 2019 15:00 +0000

Edgerton wrote:I like it!

Thank you. I have another on the Top 10 Stories from the comic I like the most (and plan a sequel soon), if that has any interest.
Eshbaal

Postby lookatyouhacker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 13:41 +0000

Eshbaal wrote:

Thank you. I have another on the Top 10 Stories from the comic I like the most (and plan a sequel soon), if that has any interest.

You mean, you read some stories that you didn't read by the tame you made the previous list? Also, Senso, Yokai, and Space Usagi are featured on a special Usagi Yojimbo Saga volume that isn't numbered but is instead called "Legends."
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby Eshbaal » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:04 +0000

lookatyouhacker wrote:
Eshbaal wrote:

You mean, you read some stories that you didn't read by the tame you made the previous list? Also, Senso, Yokai, and Space Usagi are featured on a special Usagi Yojimbo Saga volume that isn't numbered but is instead called "Legends."

When I made the previous list, I was still catching up and was missing about one book and a few issues, plus the specials you mention. I have read those since and caught up completely.

But a new video would not necessarily focus only on those. I just wanna mention more stories I like, as my list of candidates I wanted to bring up was VERY long.
Eshbaal

Postby lookatyouhacker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:44 +0000

Well, I'd still like to know your thoughts on Senso, Space Usagi, and Yokai.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Return to Rabbit Bodyguards - Fan Art & Fiction