EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

"The Funny Man" - Usagi FANCOMIC [Announcement]

A place for Dojo Members to post Usagi Yojimbo "Otaku" art and fiction. Display your artistic and/or literary works based on Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo here!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Becky-Chan, Moderators

"The Funny Man" - Usagi FANCOMIC [Announcement]

Postby Eshbaal » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:30 +0000

So I know most of you probably still don't know me all that well on here, and I hope I am not overstepping my boundaries by sort-of advertising here, but this means a lot to me, and if anywhere, this seems to be the place where folks would be interested.

Either way, I have been stuck in a creative rut for a while, never telling stories of my own and just drawing a lot of character-piece fanart over the last few years. And while that has been great, I have had a desire to create and make my own things for a while now. And if anything seems like a good transition to do so... I'd say a fancomic is just the right ticket, especially since I have had this idea in mind fora good little while now.

So I am now starting work on "THE FUNNY MAN", my very own Usagi Yojimbo fancomic - although Usagi himself is actually not going to appear in it. To no one's surprise, considering this is me this is about, the story is about Kitsune... but perhaps more surprisingly, it is MUCH more about her young partner Kiyoko, as she seeks to be even more like her beloved Onee-san.

The script is written, I have done a few initial layout scribbles, and I have made this promo picture. I can't guarantee when exactly new pages are done or how fast the whole thing will be finished, but rest assured I will post pages here as I go.
You can learn much mor eabout the whole project on the drawing's DEVIANTART page ( https://www.deviantart.com/eshbaal/art/THE-FUNNY-MAN-A-UY-Fancomic-ANNOUNCEMENT-754762960

Hope you're interested, and will like the story.
Eshbaal
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: "The Funny Man" - Usagi FANCOMIC [Announcement]

Postby Mayhem » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:08 +0000

Looking forward to it! 8)

Just as an obvious concern, this is non-profit, right?
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: "The Funny Man" - Usagi FANCOMIC [Announcement]

Postby Eshbaal » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:03 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Looking forward to it! 8)

Just as an obvious concern, this is non-profit, right?

Naturally. It will be released publicly page-by-page.
Eshbaal
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Return to Rabbit Bodyguards - Fan Art & Fiction