EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Anyone going to Comic Salon erlangen or Comic con Stuttgart?

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Anyone going to Comic Salon erlangen or Comic con Stuttgart?

Postby coolray85 » Sat May 21, 2016 13:14 +0000

Hi guys,
I will be at both Comic conventions with my books and thought I'd ask around...Maybe someone here is going too so weit could have a small dojo get-together?
Cheers
Mars
coolray85
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Anyone going to Comic Salon erlangen or Comic con Stuttg

Postby Eltanin » Sat May 21, 2016 14:43 +0000

I've been thinking about going to a german convention for a while, but I will probably not be able to go this year, though.
I just looked at the guest list of Stuttgart, and they have plenty of actors from tv shows I watch. And Nathan Fillion!
I couldn't find the guest list of Erlangen, but they seem to have an exhibition dedicated to Jiro Taniguchi, which is also very interesting.

They seem like nice conventions. I'll try to keep them in mind for next year!
Eltanin

Postby coolray85 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:22 +0000

hi Eltanin!

yes, comic salon really features an exhibition on Jiro Taniguchi.I haven't read anything from him so far, but your interest in him has made me curious.I will be checking out that exhibition and if allowed can make photos for you and others and post them here.
so far I have been to comic-salon erlangen once in 2014 and as I mentioned will be going next week.the festival has a really great vibe in my oppinion.it is often called the most important comic convention in german speaking countries and you can see that in the wealth of offered programs and exhibitions (for a german festival I mean) and also on the guest list;)...not only international cartoonists and comic people are part of the show but every bigger german comic publisher as well..feels like the whole comics community comes together for this festival every two years;)

if you still plan on going next year, just let me know.I'll be at comic con and comic festival in munich for sure.(comic festival is the partner convention of comic-salon and happens also every two years, so you have one year comic salon in erlangen and the other year the community parties in munich at comic festival;))

greetings
Marcel
coolray85

Postby BuckRogers » Mon May 23, 2016 4:41 +0000

coolray85 wrote:Hi guys,
I will be at both Comic conventions with my books and thought I'd ask around...Maybe someone here is going too so weit could have a small dojo get-together?
Cheers
Mars

Maybe next year!!!

:D
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby Eltanin » Mon May 23, 2016 14:31 +0000

coolray85 wrote:hi Eltanin!

yes, comic salon really features an exhibition on Jiro Taniguchi.I haven't read anything from him so far, but your interest in him has made me curious.I will be checking out that exhibition and if allowed can make photos for you and others and post them here.
so far I have been to comic-salon erlangen once in 2014 and as I mentioned will be going next week.the festival has a really great vibe in my oppinion.it is often called the most important comic convention in german speaking countries and you can see that in the wealth of offered programs and exhibitions (for a german festival I mean) and also on the guest list;)...not only international cartoonists and comic people are part of the show but every bigger german comic publisher as well..feels like the whole comics community comes together for this festival every two years;)

if you still plan on going next year, just let me know.I'll be at comic con and comic festival in munich for sure.(comic festival is the partner convention of comic-salon and happens also every two years, so you have one year comic salon in erlangen and the other year the community parties in munich at comic festival;))

greetings
Marcel

I didn't read all books from Jiro taniguchi, but I enjoyed a lot those I read. They are more focused on slow pace and contemplation rather than action packed, and I find them very poetic. He's a very popular japanese comic creator in France. I've even heard people claiming he's more popular in France than he is in Japan, but I think that was an exaggeration. I was supposed to go to an exhibition of his work in France a few years back, but had to cancel at the last moment.
I'll be happy to see any picture you take, either of this exhibition or the convention in general.
I'll let you know for sure if/when I go to a german convention. :)

Have fun there! :D
Eltanin

Return to Ronin Ramblings