EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

What are you watching?

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: What are you watching?

Postby BuckRogers » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:12 +0000

jabba359 wrote:I've been watching The Man in the High Castle recently (having finally caught up on Game of Thrones a couple weeks ago). It's been a while since I've read the Kafka novel, but I feel like the show took the very basic scenario and is telling a completely different story. Not that one is better or worse than the other, just different. Only one more episode left, then to figure out what shows are up next (though I see Marvel's Luke Cage is coming out next week, so that'll go on the list for sure).

Kafka??? :shock:

:D I am only picking on you as Philip Dick is one of my most favorite novelists of all time!

I did not know that they made the amazing novel into a TV series. Might have to check it out (although whenever they take something so dear to me and make a movie or TV series out of it, I usually end up not liking it--too much expectation on my part)
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby jabba359 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 +0000

BuckRogers wrote:Kafka??? :shock:

:D I am only picking on you as Philip Dick is one of my most favorite novelists of all time!

I did not know that they made the amazing novel into a TV series. Might have to check it out (although whenever they take something so dear to me and make a movie or TV series out of it, I usually end up not liking it--too much expectation on my part)

Haha! Good catch. :D That's what I get for posting super late at night when I'm really tired and about to go to sleep. Kafka wrote The Castle (which I've also read), but his book has nothing to do with Germany winning the war. :wink:

Usagi Castles.jpg
Usagi Castles.jpg (206.41 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby go » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:40 +0000

Longmire
Gotham
That Pedal Show.
Enjoy!
Best wishes to all.
go
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby Gaffey » Fri Sep 23, 2016 13:23 +0000

go wrote:Longmire
Gotham
That Pedal Show.
Enjoy!
Best wishes to all.
go
Jeff Garlin was plugging Longmire on Conan last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTPHmKvKd3E
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Previous

Return to Ronin Ramblings