EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Moebius Library: The World of Edena HC

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Moebius Library: The World of Edena HC

Postby go » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:54 +0000

Dear Reader,
This new series of classic Moebius has excellent new English translations worked on by Diana Schutz.
My only criticism is I wish the book was printed in its original size.
Otherwise, this is the most wonderful non Usagi book I have seen in years.
FYI
Best wishes to all,
go
https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/30-300/ ... f-Edena-HC
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Re: Moebius Library: The World of Edena HC

Postby Gaffey » Mon Nov 21, 2016 20:37 +0000

I ordered this for my brother. He was a fan of Blueberry.
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby jabba359 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 21:29 +0000

I saw this on instocktrades the other week and was intrigued. Perhaps I'll have to give it a try.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby maichan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:57 +0000

I've been a Moebius fan longer than almost any other 'comic' I collect.... I think I started back in the 70's (when I discovered Métal hurlant, or Heavy Metal & Arzach). I know I have parts of the Edena series in one format or another, but was happy to buy this HC when I spotted it on the shelf at my local comic book shop on Wednesday. :D
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Maka » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:33 +0000

The (first world) problem I have is there is almost an unlimited amount of comics to read. And I still buy floppies. For a while, I was just buying Usagi. But I love this new wave of Ms. Marvel, Hellcat, Lumberjanes, Black Panther, All New Superman, Paper Girls, etc. I've heard a lot of good things about Moebius comics and that DH is going to reprint them in these nice formats like the Manara library (which are very nice). But not reading very few of his work before, and knowing the collector in me, it can take a bite into my comic budget if I pick up this new book. So I'm more likely to pass on this unless you can convince me otherwise. :)

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby coolray85 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 19:49 +0000

I m sorry I have to break this to you, Maka. but you would be ill-advised to pass on a MOEBIUS book to be honest, especially if you are yet not too familiar with him. his work is really beautiful and I mean this in a very special way. he tells stories with such grace in illustration and with prose, but very distinctly so with his characters...it is always a home I return to that I had not known before when I read some of his work...if you know what I mean by that.
of course him being from my shores, his work is everwhere over here, but even so, I never can shake the feeling that I have achieved to reading even half of his body of work;)..anyway, always special and so so very unique in his voice, you really should make another special case for this book and take a closer look at it, my friend;)

I put it on my christmas wish list;)
coolray85
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Maka » Mon Dec 19, 2016 22:49 +0000

Well, if coolray85 highly recommends something, that makes me reconsider. Thanks for opinion. So three people's (Coolray, Michael, and Go) recommendation is pretty persuasive. Thanks gents! :)

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby jabba359 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 23:44 +0000

I was going to order it the other week, but it seems it's out of stock everywhere I looked.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby coolray85 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:17 +0000

always a pleasure to steer a brother into the beauty of great comics;)
at jabba, yes, my hopes for getting this sweet collecion is pretty slim because of that, too;(

by the way, I have found this video while researching abou the book and thought I'd share it here with you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK7cyONxlRQ

it appears this collection by dark horse sports new coloration...hmmm..I have read that at least on one part of the story THE WORLD OF EDENA moebius then wive colored the book..sad to see that personal connection broken by a new color job if so, but nevertheless just watching someone flipping through it I can't stop but marvel at its appearance.

and here, another CLASSIC of moebius body of work, ARZACH..a wordless rider in a strange land..it was really interesting to hear arzach speak in one of moebius last books (arzak-L'arpenteur in french) before he past away...very promising direction he was guiding his character into, but alas no one will probably ever know where this was going...bautiful..
anyway, here the first adventure of arzach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UqBAyqZvWM
coolray85

Postby Gaffey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:34 +0000

jabba359 wrote:I was going to order it the other week, but it seems it's out of stock everywhere I looked.
You could always buy it from TFAW, but you'd have to pay close to retail. Buying from In Stock Trades makes paying retail for an expensive book painful. :lol:
Gaffey

Postby jabba359 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:01 +0000

Gaffey wrote:
jabba359 wrote:I was going to order it the other week, but it seems it's out of stock everywhere I looked.
You could always buy it from TFAW, but you'd have to pay close to retail. Buying from In Stock Trades makes paying retail for an expensive book painful. :lol:

Yeah, instocktrades had it on their best seller list the week it came out. When they had the bonus 3% off, I tried to order it but they don't even list it on their site right now. Then I tried using a 40% off code at Barnes and Noble, but it was sold out on the website. Guess I'll just keep waiting for a good deal.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Randy Clute » Fri Dec 30, 2016 22:31 +0000

Has anyone else here read his collaboration with Stan Lee in Silver Surfer: Parable. It is an excellent story and his depiction of the Silver Surfer goes toe-to-toe with even the likes of Jack "King" Kirby and Big John Buscema! If you get the hardcover, the back has a lengthy interview with Moebius discussing his process, from lettering to coloring and everything in between. His coloring also shines through as he restricted himself to use the limited color selections of early Marvel comics, forcing him to create unique solutions to pesky problems.
Have a blessed day,
Randy Clute
Randy Clute

Postby coolray85 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:18 +0000

I haven't read it yet, but there is a small section about it in the german documentary MOEBIUS REDUX...
coolray85

Postby Gaffey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 15:52 +0000

jabba359 wrote:
Gaffey wrote:

Yeah, instocktrades had it on their best seller list the week it came out. When they had the bonus 3% off, I tried to order it but they don't even list it on their site right now. Then I tried using a 40% off code at Barnes and Noble, but it was sold out on the website. Guess I'll just keep waiting for a good deal.
It's back on In Stock Trades at 48% off if you've been a recent customer.
Gaffey

Postby jabba359 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 20:39 +0000

Gaffey wrote:It's back on In Stock Trades at 48% off if you've been a recent customer.

Ah, Amazon just shipped it to me the other day and it should arrive tomorrow. I paid a few bucks more, but oh well. Thanks for looking out for me!
-Kyle
jabba359

Next

Return to Ronin Ramblings