EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Discovering Mouse Guard

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Discovering Mouse Guard

Postby Slashuur » Tue Feb 07, 2017 15:11 +0000

Hi, everyone!

I was perusing previous posts in Ronin Ramblings and I found that many of you read something called 'Guard Mouse'. So I did a quick Google Search to find out what was it and among other things I found the official page... OH!! I was really surprised! I immediately fell in love with the art! I read the previews and everything I could without spoiling my new adventure. I'm guessing Mouse Guard just got a new fan. I already ordered the first book so I will confirm it once it arrives :D

As an additional surprise I found a Comic Con card with Usagi and Mouse Guard! I took it a signal and that's why I ordered the first book :lol:

Any recomendations/comments of the many fans of the series in here?
⬛ Aldo
Slashuur
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Discovering Mouse Guard

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Feb 07, 2017 16:19 +0000

A new illustrated edition of The Wind In the Willows with artwork by David Peterson just recently came out...... in case you are interested.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Mayhem » Tue Feb 07, 2017 18:48 +0000

Yeah, I can blame someone here, or the collective, for suggesting Mouse Guard to me, and I started reading it. I believe I bought the Fall hardcover a few months after it came out, so I've been in there fairly early on. I suggest reading everything in order, it will make more sense, so Fall, then Winter, then Black Axe. If you want to pick up the Legends series then do so, as except for one story, they don't feature any of the main cast, and are about tales and lore of the MG world.

And thus it has... erm... spread a bit heh... http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=128187
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Slashuur » Tue Feb 07, 2017 21:29 +0000

I've checked The Wind in the Willows, I like the illustrations very much.
Once I'm familiar with David Petersen I guess I'm gonna get it :)

And whoa! That's a great collection, Mayhem! Thanks for the info, I'll do as you advice. There's one story with Baldwin The Brave, does it follow any storyline?
⬛ Aldo
Slashuur

Postby Mayhem » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:25 +0000

Slashuur wrote:And whoa! That's a great collection, Mayhem! Thanks for the info, I'll do as you advice. There's one story with Baldwin The Brave, does it follow any storyline?

The book "Baldwin the Brave, and Other Tales" is a collection of many of David's FCBD stories. He has tended to write a short story illustrating the younger life of one of the main cast and attempt to teach a lesson, in a way showing us a glimpse of why they ended up joining the Guard. The very first FCBD story he did (2010) is in the prologue for the Black Axe collected book, so you won't miss out there. The FCBD story from last year isn't collected any where yet. David actually said during live stream last night, that when he's done enough further FCBD stories in the future, they'll get collected in a second book.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Slashuur » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:38 +0000

That's great to know!
Just yesterday I began with this new journey in the Mouse Guard universe. I started following him on Twitter and Facebook but I missed his live session :|
But he liked a tweet I wrote to him so I got that goin' for me which is nice :lol:
Thank you, Mayhem!
⬛ Aldo
Slashuur

Return to Ronin Ramblings