EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Package scare

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Package scare

Postby Rustyblade » Tue Sep 05, 2017 19:11 +0000

So got a great deal on a bundle of v3 Usagi issues, as I must admit, I am missing a lot of single issues. Seller on ebay was selling a lot of 48 issues, all near mint, and accepted my offer of $45 :D So today I had the day off and the package was out for delivery via USPS so I kept checking the tracking number for delivery notice. Around 1pm it updates saying it was dropped off. I live in an apattment building and go check the mail box to find nothing. Call the post office, tell them the deal, get a call back from the post lady who said she left it on my porch...which living in an apt building I do not have, unless she thinks a street sidewalk is a porch. Turns out she left my 48 issues at a trailer park! I go panic mode on her and she races to go get my package and i'm biting nails waiting. Luckily she was able to get it, package was half opened b4 the person checked the label and saw it wasnt his and decided against opening it. I double check that theyre all there and still near mint before I calm down and could laugh about it. Sorry for the somewhat boring anecdote :D Now to continue collecting back issues and hope my local post office never makes this mistake again lol.
-Jared
Rustyblade
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Package scare

Postby Maka » Tue Sep 05, 2017 21:08 +0000

Glad that worked out. Whew. And less than $1 and issue is a great price. Congrats! Read the letter pages. :) peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:54 +0000

I also live in an apartment and that is why I rent a P.O. Box, so the delivery person does not leave my packages sitting in the hallway. :(

Even worse when they can't deliver them to the right address to start with.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Rustyblade » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 +0000

I've been thinking about getting a P.O.Box for the same reason. worst case they put a package slip in the wrong box but at least when they go to retrieve it from the back they will wont find a package for their number and see their mistake. Here if they put it in the wrong box my neighbor gets my package. One time that happened so my neighbor left it on the sidewalk under mailbox. Another time Fedex left a package of emt stuff on the sidewalk in front of the buildings door and someone walked away with it.
Rustyblade

Postby Mayhem » Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:32 +0000

As I live in a security door block of flats, then I get most of my stuff either delivered to my folks (who live in a normal house) or work...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby jabba359 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 16:06 +0000

I live in a house and haven't lost any packages, but did have one that said delivered (it showed up on my doorstep a week later) and I've had other people's stuff end up at my house (fortunately they were only a block away, so I just walked the package over). It sure is nerve-racking when you're waiting on something that says it was delivered, but can't find it. I'm glad your misdelivery ended up turning out okay.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 19:01 +0000

I use my dad's address a lot for packages since a lot of places ship UPS of FedEx. Those drivers are too lazy to even ring the door bell or knock, they just leave the package on the door step even if it is obvious somebody is home.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Rustyblade » Wed Sep 06, 2017 19:44 +0000

There are a ton of youtube videos of ppl catching fedex and ups guys on their home security cameras and cell phones running to their doors and sticking the "missed you, you werent home" sticker notes on their doors. They do it when they are running late to make up time. Another example I have (listing all of these instances my gf and I have had blows my mind) where UPS said they delivered my $150 SF Giants jersey 2 days b4 my bday, had to go thru all this bs with their customer service, fkn ups guy shows up a week later with the package. Guess he planned to drop it off the next day but because i had started a missing parcel case he had hid it or something then claimed he found it stuffed under something. UPS was good enough to pay me the 150 for the trouble but still not cool. So now i get txt updates for every step my package takes and still feel lucky if a package gets here without something going wrong
Rustyblade

Postby maichan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 22:02 +0000

Glad to hear it all worked out!

I've had pretty good luck with stuff so far, but I tend to have most packages sent to my work address. I work in the office with our company's shipping department, so I always see what comes in anyways.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Return to Ronin Ramblings