EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Netflix "The Toys that made Us"

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Netflix "The Toys that made Us"

Postby Trevis Woods » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:44 +0000

Just finished the first episode of this Netflix documentary The Toys that made Us. First episode was Star Wars and it was very interesting! The third and fourth episodes are He-man and G.I. Joe which also look to be really cool. I'll probably skip the second episode...Barbie :lol:
I enjoyed this documentary especially with all the recent Usagi toy posts and talk we have had over the last couple months.
Trevis Woods
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Netflix "The Toys that made Us"

Postby Eshbaal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:37 +0000

Oh, I need to get around to this one. I remember watching the TMNT documentary a little while back, and finding the toy manufacturing part of it all quite fascinating. Granted, I grew up in the nineties, so I actually don't have quite the same nostalgic connection to a lot of these as many do, but the process of toy design and the many very creatively designed shows (even when they were basically glorified commercials) is still quite fascinating.
Eshbaal
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Return to Ronin Ramblings