EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

FCBD 2018

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

FCBD 2018

Postby Gaffey » Sat May 05, 2018 14:45 +0000

I got to meet George Perez today at the local comic shop. I had him sign a couple of books that he had never signed before.

I was so excited to get the signatures that I forgot to pick up my free comics. :lol: Once I realized what I had done I went back and picked up a few.

Anyway, here's the Herobear and kid (Perez variant)

And the Tellos book 2 hardcover
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Re: FCBD 2018

Postby jabba359 » Sat May 05, 2018 20:06 +0000

Nice! I went to a Brian K. Vaughan signing and got my Y: The Last Man hardcover set all signed. I also picked up his FCBD issue #1 of Barrier. He had quite the line, as I don't think he often does conventions or signings.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Maka » Sat May 05, 2018 21:09 +0000

We had Wonder Woman and Spider-Man at our FCBD but I didn’t have them sign anything. :) Peace, maka
Maka

Postby Gaffey » Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 +0000

jabba359 wrote:I went to a Brian K. Vaughan signing
I've never seen him listed as a guest anywhere on the East Coast. If he was it probably would have been in New York or some other big city. George had no line. You could chat/take pictures with him if you wanted. No charge for signatures. A donation to Hero Initiative was appreciated.

Maka wrote:We had Wonder Woman and Spider-Man at our FCBD but I didn’t have them sign anything. :) Peace, maka
Wait a minute, we also had Wonder Woman! How is that possible?
Gaffey

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue May 08, 2018 23:13 +0000

Slightly late to the topic, but.....

I saw both Wonder Woman (in a lot taller heels than I would have expected) and Spiderman (much shorter than I would have expected) at my local comic shop, along with a few others in costume. Didn't think to get any autographs or photos, unfortunately. I didn't notice any artists doing any drawing either.

The store upped their limit on free comics to five this year, but I still only ended up with three, one of which was the yearly Overstreet offering (has a nice breakdown of the various grading definitions for comics (i.e. gem mint - 10.0, mint - 9.9, very fine - 8.0, etc).

As far as comics go, I picked up the yearly Bongo Free-For-All and the Oni Press release of Shadow Roads by Cullen Bunn and company. I also picked up the copy of Koshchei the Deathless from Mike Mignola and Dark Horse out of my pull box.

Of course, the Free Comic Book Day release I am really waiting on is the Dante Verlag release of Usagi Yojimbo : Ein welkes Feld (Withered Field) in comic book format, being released May 12th...... hopefully, getting some extras.

(Had to turn this into a Usagi related post) :D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Gaffey » Wed May 09, 2018 6:40 +0000

The shop I went to also had a 5 book limit. I wish Brian Hurtt had done the art in the Shadow Roads comic. I think he was credited with being co-creator or co-writer. I also picked up the new BKV book. I liked his horizontal book Private Eye so I figured I'd give Barrier a try. I won't be purchasing the rest of the series, but I might pick it up if it gets collected.

I should have picked up one of those Overstreet comics. It didn't even cross my mind that it would have a grading guide. I saw the Three Stooges and decided to pass. The one time I judged a book by it's cover. :roll:

I completely forgot to look online for a foreign Usagi FCBD version. 8) I wouldn't mind a copy if you manage to get an extra that isn't already promised to someone.
Gaffey

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed May 09, 2018 9:06 +0000

Gaffey wrote:The shop I went to also had a 5 book limit. I wish Brian Hurtt had done the art in the Shadow Roads comic. I think he was credited with being co-creator or co-writer. I also picked up the new BKV book. I liked his horizontal book Private Eye so I figured I'd give Barrier a try. I won't be purchasing the rest of the series, but I might pick it up if it gets collected.

I should have picked up one of those Overstreet comics. It didn't even cross my mind that it would have a grading guide. I saw the Three Stooges and decided to pass. The one time I judged a book by it's cover. :roll:

I completely forgot to look online for a foreign Usagi FCBD version. 8) I wouldn't mind a copy if you manage to get an extra that isn't already promised to someone.

WOW, didn't even notice the Three Stooges on the cover! When I get a chance, I'll scan the grading guide for you, unless my local shop actually has another left-over copy (I want to stop there today anyways).

And if Dante comes through with the extra copies, I will send one on to you. You can even use the grading guide to evaluate its condition if and when it arrives. :D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby jabba359 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 +0000

Gaffey wrote:... I figured I'd give Barrier a try. I won't be purchasing the rest of the series, but I might pick it up if it gets collected.

I'm pretty certain I read it won't be getting collected, so the only way to read it is by buying the individual issues.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Gaffey » Wed May 09, 2018 11:24 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:When I get a chance, I'll scan the grading guide for you
Sounds good.

jabba359 wrote:I'm pretty certain I read it won't be getting collected, so the only way to read it is by buying the individual issues.
Didn't they same the same thing about Private Eye? Digital version only. Well, if it gets rave reviews maybe I'll reconsider.
Gaffey

Return to Ronin Ramblings