EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Joshua Ford

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Joshua Ford

Postby estee » Thu Jun 06, 2019 15:42 +0000

I gained a habit being on message boards to scroll through the member list looking at all the people who joined.

I also like to see those who haven't posted very often and check out their profile.

While looking through Usagi's member's list I found "Joshua Ford"

He joined in 2002. He posted once and never again. He was on the board for all of two days in late August and then went about his life.

Now I'm wondering what he's doing right now, nearly twenty years later.

Does he have a family? Is he still working?

Does he even remember being a member of Usagi Yojimbo DojoBoard all those years ago?

It's kinda incredible all the people that pass through your life unnoticed and vanish as if they never existed.

:D
Image
User avatar
estee
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 +0000
Location: Canada

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby Steve Hubbell » Thu Jun 06, 2019 17:14 +0000

He is a member of the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Facebook page as well
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby estee » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:54 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:He is a member of the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Facebook page as well


Does he post there?
Image
User avatar
estee
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 +0000
Location: Canada

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby maichan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:13 +0000

Yeah, the Internet is full of.... wonder. I've been online a long time now, and I have been a part of many forums, groups, and communities. Some I still take part in, others have come and gone, or I have lost interest in. But the best part about it is I have had the chance to meet people from around the world.

estee wrote:
Steve Hubbell wrote:He is a member of the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Facebook page as well


Does he post there?


Looks like he was added to the UY Group by Todd in 2018.

But that brings up questions now..... On Facebook, there is the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo, which is a "community" with 13,678 'likes' (followers?), and there is the Usagi Yojimbo "Group" which has 220 members.

Who runs the Dojo (who are the admins)?

It looks like Jason Compton is Admin of the Group, but who is he? Is he on the Dojo here?

How many ID's does Stan have? It gets confusing trying to keep up with everything Usagi.... plus Instagram. Are we on Twitter? Or any other social media sites?
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby jabba359 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:34 +0000

For the Dojo Facebook page, Steve, Maka and I are the admins that participate day to day, plus Daniel Fujii, who isn't too active on there. Steve said the original creator of the page (now retired) is a guy named Jeff.

Stan is on Instagram as stansakai, Twitter as @usagiguy, and Facebook as Stan Sakai (officialstansakai).
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 +0000

jabba359 wrote:For the Dojo Facebook page, Steve, Maka and I are the admins that participate day to day, plus Daniel Fujii, who isn't too active on there. Steve said the original creator of the page (now retired) is a guy named Jeff.

Stan is on Instagram as stansakai, Twitter as @usagiguy, and Facebook as Stan Sakai (officialstansakai).

Jeff Heller is also the creator / administrator of the Classic Comic Forum which hosts the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Annex forum.

http://classiccomics.org/board/44/usagi ... oard-forum
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:20 +0000

Joshua Ford was also a regular participant on earlier versions of the Usagi Yojimbo Dojoboard forum which proceeded this current incarnation.
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby estee » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:34 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:Joshua Ford was also a regular participant on earlier versions of the Usagi Yojimbo Dojoboard forum which proceeded this current incarnation.


Wow...we're talking the 90's or the paleothic age of the interweb. :D
Image
User avatar
estee
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 +0000
Location: Canada

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby maichan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 13:03 +0000

estee wrote:Wow...we're talking the 90's or the paleothic age of the interweb. :D


Now you've got me wanting to see a paleolithic Usagi ... :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby jabba359 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 14:18 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:Jeff Heller is also the creator / administrator of the Classic Comic Forum which hosts the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Annex forum.

http://classiccomics.org/board/44/usagi ... oard-forum


Shaxper?
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby Maka » Fri Jun 07, 2019 14:53 +0000

Yes. Sharper.
User avatar
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 20:10 +0000
Location: California

Re: Joshua Ford

Postby maichan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 15:01 +0000

jabba359 wrote:
Steve Hubbell wrote:Jeff Heller is also the creator / administrator of the Classic Comic Forum which hosts the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Annex forum.

http://classiccomics.org/board/44/usagi ... oard-forum


Shaxper?


I never really understood the purpose of the Annex. As a forum, it seems redundant, but it must cater to people that might not otherwise want to join this forum for whatever reasons... :roll:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...


Return to Ronin Ramblings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest