EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

NETFLIX Secures rights to Jeff Smith's BONE

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

NETFLIX Secures rights to Jeff Smith's BONE

Postby maichan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:35 +0000

NETFLIX SECURES RIGHTS TO AWARD-WINNING CARTOONIST JEFF SMITH’S INTERNATIONALLY ACCLAIMED COMIC BOOK SERIES BONE

For Immediate Release

Netflix announced today that it has secured the rights to Jeff Smith’s award-winning and New York Times best-selling international comic book series, BONE, with plans to develop an animated series that follows the iconic Bone cousins on an adventure through a vast, uncharted desert and into a mysterious valley filled with wonderful and terrifying creatures.

BONE has been published in over 30 countries since 1991, with over 9 million copies in print in North America alone. It is among TIME Magazine’s “Ten Best Graphic Novels of All Time” and winner of more than 40 national and international publishing awards, including the Eisner Awards, Harvey Awards, and The French Alph Art. BONE was a pioneer in comics publishing for kids as the launch title for Scholastic's graphic novel imprint, Graphix Books, when it debuted in 2005.

“I’ve waited a long time for this,” says Smith, creator of the BONE graphic novels. “Netflix is the perfect home for BONE. Fans of the books know that the story develops chapter by chapter and book by book. An animated series is exactly the way to do this! The team at Netflix understands BONE and is committed to doing something special - this is good news for kids and cartoon lovers all over the world.”

Jeff Smith is an American cartoonist whose other award-winning and acclaimed comics include SHAZAM! The Monster Society of Evil, RASL, Little Mouse Gets Ready!, and BONE: Tall Tales. Smith splits his time between Columbus and Key West with his wife and business partner, Vijaya Iyer, where he is working on his current project TUKI: 2 Million BCE.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Re: NETFLIX Secures rights to Jeff Smith's BONE

Postby jabba359 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 14:28 +0000

Haha, I came here to post the exact same thing! Congrats to Jeff and his team and I look forward to seeing what they come up with.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby maichan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 14:51 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Haha, I came here to post the exact same thing! Congrats to Jeff and his team and I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

Yes! I am really looking forward to this.

Maybe it'll shake things up a bit and get things moving on the Usagi series and maybe even Mouse Guard.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Eshbaal » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:07 +0000

Oh man, this is gonna be awesome.

Now we can get yo watch Rat Monsters get their CENSORED beat in cartoon form
Eshbaal
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Return to Ronin Ramblings