EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

NJAHS

General discussion (non-Usagi Yojimbo related) about all things Japan -- Feudal Japan, Samurai, Ninjas, Anime & Manga, Chambara films, Japanese Pop Culture, Otaku, martial arts, history, sushi, giant robots, Godzilla... anything Japan-related!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

NJAHS

Postby Stan Sakai » Fri Sep 20, 2002 15:04 +0000

The National Japanese American Historical Society is organizing an exhibit called Manga: A Century of Social Commentary by Japanese Artists in America. I've sent in 5 pieces for display: the 3-page Netsuke story; the cover to UY 54: Return of Lone Goat & Kid; and the cover to UY Book 11: Seasons.

The exhibit runs from Oct 15 to Feb 29. The NJAHS is at 1684 Post St., San Francisco, CA 94115. Telephone: (415)921-5007

Some of the other artists represented are: Henry Yoshitaka Kiyama (Four Immigrants Manga), WW 2 cartoonists Jack Matsuoka and Pete Hiranoka, and Kaiji Kawaguchi (Eagle: The Making of an Asian American President).

If you're in the area, check it out.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Posting News :-/

Postby digulla » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:36 +0000

Hi Stan,

I could allow you to post in the NEWS Forum if you want. Then posts like this would be easier to find ... but it would mean that they couldn't be discussed that easily, anymore :-/

To solve this, I could open the NEWS Forum for discussion but that's not what it was meant for. :-/

Comments?
Aaron Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
"It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
http://www.philmann-dark.de/
digulla
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Stan Sakai » Sat Sep 21, 2002 22:36 +0000

I originally tried posting it on the News Forum but got a message that only moderators can post there.

I think it would be easier if I could have the ability to post there or, as an alternative, a moderator could post that sort of information after I announced it on the discussion board.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

query

Postby Heero » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:11 +0000

Out of curiosity, why is Stan not a moderator? I realize he doesn't have time for the "duties" but I think he should at least have the permissions. Considering the flexibility and capabilities of the new board, I think that'd be useful eventually.
Heero
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: query

Postby digulla » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:55 +0000

Heero wrote:Out of curiosity, why is Stan not a moderator? I realize he doesn't have time for the "duties" but I think he should at least have the permissions. Considering the flexibility and capabilities of the new board, I think that'd be useful eventually.

He is now. I'm also thinking about opening the NEWS board for replies (so not everyone can *open* a new topic but people can reply to posts there). I think this would be the best of both worlds.
Aaron Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
"It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
http://www.philmann-dark.de/
digulla
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Return to 日本の話題 - All Things Japan!