EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Anyone looking forward to The Last Samurai?

General discussion (non-Usagi Yojimbo related) about all things Japan -- Feudal Japan, Samurai, Ninjas, Anime & Manga, Chambara films, Japanese Pop Culture, Otaku, martial arts, history, sushi, giant robots, Godzilla... anything Japan-related!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Postby takematsu » Sun Jan 25, 2004 16:31 +0000

By the way it was filmed here in New Zealand

Man, I have GOT to find a way to get to New Zealand-- if it's one-tenth as attractive as various movies have made it look, it's better than nine-tenths of the rest of the planet. And I really like where I live (mostly-- stiff winds and -20C for three days straight is a bit hard to love).

Please everyone keep this discussion board gentlemenly and keep the normal "heated debates" to a minimum. I think a lot of us wouldn't want to see this board filled with bad karma, which should be reserved on "less friendlier" boards.

:oops: Erk. Hope that wasn't aimed at me. I'll be good.
"...[H]uman beings are given free will in order to choose between insanity on the one hand and lunacy on the other..."
Aldous Huxley, 1946
takematsu
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Onimusha » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:29 +0000

Man, I have GOT to find a way to get to New Zealand-- if it's one-tenth as attractive as various movies have made it look, it's better than nine-tenths of the rest of the planet.

Yes I have been working overseas and yet I have made up my mind to return to New Zealand even though I am not paid a third of what I used to.

Trivia #1: Apparently during the filming of The Last Samurai Mr Tom.C often stop by the local theater, lined up like everybody else and got tickets and popcorn etc etc cause nobody bothered to hassel him here. He has been known to stop and help the odd stranded motorist and have also donated some money to the local schools. However he never came back to the premier of his own movie (snob) - just kidding.

Trivia #2: Did you know that the Lord of the Ring series were all filmed here in New Zealand too.

I would like to invite and welcome all UYD members to NZ. By the way the Japanese village in the movie still exist here. Ironically they were toying with the idea of preserving the place for Japanese tour groups there.
Onimusha

Postby Lance » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:48 +0000

I saw the last samuria about.. 2 weeks ago or something. It was all right.

I cant believe they killed the man who looked like a Baboon. :cry: he was very funny lookin'.

All in all it was ok, me and my friend couldnt stop laughing (not to sound psychotic or anything) at they way they were dying, it just seemed comical.

:shock:
Lance

Previous

Return to 日本の話題 - All Things Japan!