EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

"Seven Samurai" Village Theme Park

General discussion (non-Usagi Yojimbo related) about all things Japan -- Feudal Japan, Samurai, Ninjas, Anime & Manga, Chambara films, Japanese Pop Culture, Otaku, martial arts, history, sushi, giant robots, Godzilla... anything Japan-related!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

"Seven Samurai" Village Theme Park

Postby mhirtes » Mon Feb 16, 2004 15:34 +0000

"It's The Slashiest Place On Earth". :twisted:

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20040216 ... 9000c.html

Spirit of Kurosawa lives on in Seven Samurai village

The ancient villages that appeared in the film classics "Seven Samurai," "Rashomon" and "Yojinbo" by the late Akira Kurosawa will be rebuilt at a theme park in honor of the noted director.

Officials at Kurosawa Production said Monday that they plan to open both the Kurosawa Village in Akita Prefecture and Akira Kurosawa Cinema City in Tokyo's Adachi-ku in the spring of 2006.

The outdoor sets of Seven Samurai, Yojinbo and Rashomon, all of which feature the late Toshiro Mifune, will be re-constructed in the Kurosawa Village.

The Kurosawa Cinema City will regularly screen the director's works and hold lectures for those who want to study filmmaking. Former staff members who worked under Kurosawa will serve as lecturers.

"I want people who worked on the Kurosawa movies to hand down their movie-making techniques while they are alive to younger generations," said the director's son Hisao Kurosawa, president of Kurosawa Production. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Feb. 16, 2004)
Last edited by mhirtes on Mon Feb 16, 2004 22:48 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
mhirtes
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby ziritrion » Mon Feb 16, 2004 16:13 +0000

Badgers!!! :D .

The park looks very cool. I hope I have the chance to visit it someday.

Mushroom? Snake!
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
ziritrion
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby takematsu » Mon Feb 16, 2004 17:24 +0000

I'm really looking forward to the virtual reality attraction where you get cut into little bitty pieces after mouthing off to Toshiro Mifune.

Tourist: "I paid Y10000 for this ride, and you're not just going to sit there eating nigiri!"
Robo-Mifune: "Hrm. It'll hurt...."
Tourist: "Get up, you... OW! YOW! Man, this is cool! OOOH! AHHG! Just like the movie! OH FOR THE LUVVA...! AIE!"

"Badgers? We don' need no steenkin' badgers!"--UHF, 1989, dir. 'Wierd' Al Yankovik. Don't take it amiss; it;s just word-association :wink:
"...[H]uman beings are given free will in order to choose between insanity on the one hand and lunacy on the other..."
Aldous Huxley, 1946
takematsu

Postby goandal » Tue Feb 17, 2004 16:21 +0000

Wow that's awesome!!!!

Too bad I'm not going to the far east anytime soon.
goandal

Postby Bad Mr. Sushi » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:28 +0000

Yeah... wish I wasn't too cowardly to go over a large body of water.

It's not the flight that scares me, it's any sudden stops along the way, know what I mean vern?
Do you like Sushi? :D
Bad Mr. Sushi

Return to 日本の話題 - All Things Japan!