EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

hinomarv-Zumov Manga

General discussion (non-Usagi Yojimbo related) about all things Japan -- Feudal Japan, Samurai, Ninjas, Anime & Manga, Chambara films, Japanese Pop Culture, Otaku, martial arts, history, sushi, giant robots, Godzilla... anything Japan-related!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

hinomarv-Zumov Manga

Postby lwhitehead » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:18 +0000

Um I'm bin reading read the Manga Hinomaru-Zumov on Manga Fox, it's one about Sumo in Japan in there culture, the man character is short boy who wants to the Top Sumo Pro, but due to his Height the Adult have bin saying that he can't be the Top Dog in Sumo.

My problem that I've got feelings for the Main Character, is this wrong?.

LW
lwhitehead
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: hinomarv-Zumov Manga

Postby Maka » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:25 +0000

lwhitehead wrote:My problem that I've got feelings for the Main Character, is this wrong?.

I haven't read this manga but I have watched movies, read books, and comics where I had feelings for the main or other characters. Good storytelling to bad storytelling can create characters that we find attractive or interesting in many different ways: emotionally, physically, intellectually, spiritually, professionally, athleticism, politically, etc. Is it wrong to have feelings for Wonder Woman or Thor or the main character in your manga? I would say no. Heroic characters can, if written well, have qualities that we admire and want in our relationships. And they may have qualities that we don't like or conflict with our own values. But people are not perfect and maybe that adds to their attractiveness.

I hope that helps. I think we end up liking characters because they are like us or they do things we wish we could do. As long those things aren't just hateful and hurtful for the sake of causing another suffering, I don't see anything wrong with having feelings for a character. And as long as we can tell reality from storytelling (for example, Usagi has killed more people than I can count. But he has killed to help others, defend himself, or to hold the samurai code of honor. In reality, I would never want to kill anyone or have anyone else kill someone. But in storytelling, I can still admire this extreme example of justice and root for Usagi to kick butt and stand up for those who cannot defend themselves and defeat those who are evil). This is my long answer to your short question: I think is fine to have feelings for a character. It is normal.

Peace, Maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby lwhitehead » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 +0000

What I was saying it was strong sexual attraction to the main character of that Manga, but is it wrong to post my honest feelings here on this forum?.

On the other hand I learned so much about Sumo through this Manga, I liked watching the Sport before this Manga but I knew very little about it.

LW
lwhitehead

Postby Maka » Mon Oct 09, 2017 14:45 +0000

lwhitehead wrote:What I was saying it was strong sexual attraction to the main character of that Manga, but is it wrong to post my honest feelings here on this forum?.

On the other hand I learned so much about Sumo through this Manga, I liked watching the Sport before this Manga but I knew very little about it.

LW

I don't think it is wrong. As a group, I can't recall us ever going on on into detail about our sexual attractions to any characters. If you did that, it would be out of place. But posting your honest feelings seems like fair game to me.

Sumo is awesome. Enjoy! Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby lwhitehead » Thu Oct 04, 2018 20:33 +0000

I'm being honest with my feelings on this forum.

I was worried about being banned for life from this forum if I did a post like that showing my true feelings towards a manga,

LW
lwhitehead

Return to 日本の話題 - All Things Japan!