EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

The Gallery of Thomas Froehling

Show off your original artwork collection here! Create an online gallery and post your Stan Sakai portfolio drawings, original cover art, convention sketches, paintings, commissioned pieces, original pages, and whatever else you may have.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

The Gallery of Thomas Froehling

Postby Thomas Froehling » Sun Jul 29, 2007 15:24 +0000

Hello,
here is the small but growing collection of my UY art; alas, they are all "mere"sketches, but they are very special to me nonetheless; the images are quite big, so I'll just post a link to my folder. I hope you enjoy it (and I hope to acquire some OA over time.... :wink:)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... umId=66764
Greetings from overseas
Thomas Froehling
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Fanfan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:53 +0000

hugh,

need to register on myspace to see your pieces...
Fanfan
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Thomas Froehling » Tue Jul 31, 2007 16:00 +0000

I'm sorry, I was unaware of that :oops: :? ; does anybody know a better way to share pictures via internet ? :?:
Fanfan wrote:hugh,

need to register on myspace to see your pieces...
Greetings from overseas
Thomas Froehling

Postby goandal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 20:44 +0000

Thomas Froehling wrote:I'm sorry, I was unaware of that :oops: :? ; does anybody know a better way to share pictures via internet ? :?:

Hi Thomas, register on Photobucket.com and download your pictures. Then copy the link of the file and put it between "Img" here on the dojo; see the button above.

Take care.
goandal

Postby Mayhem » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:38 +0000

Photobucket or Flickr would do the job (you can have 200 photos on the latter in the free account).
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:19 +0000

I have to recommend Imageshack. It is a free service which let's you upload either full-sized images, or you can reduce them to one of several pre-selected sizes. After uploading, it provide links which you just copy and paste for either the full image, thumbnail link, or direct link, as well as a few others.

And there does not appear to be a limit to the number of images which you can upload.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Amy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:17 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:I have to recommend Imageshack. It is a free service which let's you upload either full-sized images, or you can reduce them to one of several pre-selected sizes. After uploading, it provide links which you just copy and paste for either the full image, thumbnail link, or direct link, as well as a few others.

And there does not appear to be a limit to the number of images which you can upload.

Yeah - they're great^_^ I use them for all my forum posting.

http://imageshack.us/

The only limit is that your picture has to be under 2mb in size but... Oh my, can you imagine trying to post a jpg that size in a forum? It'd be too big to see^^;
Amy

Postby Thomas Froehling » Thu Aug 02, 2007 13:53 +0000

Thank you for your help;

ImageImage

This is my very first sketch, drawn in my Art of Usagi book in Paris;

I got this one on the same day for my daughter in her favorite UY TPB (Fathers and Sons)

ImageImage
This one was done in the restaurant where Sensei and me had lunch with the Manga Café owners.

These were in a French edition TPB and in the Fathers and Sons HC respectively; Sensei kindly graced the latter with a very special sketch: My daughter was blown away to see herself with Usagi!

I found this in the parcel containing the Mirage and Fantagraphics UY issues. 8) A nice way to say hello (or hi, as it is...).

Here finally Commissioned Art, although not my own: this one's Maras, bought in London as a gift for her school enrollment; framed hanging over her shelve above her desk.
Last edited by Thomas Froehling on Mon Sep 22, 2008 14:23 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings from overseas
Thomas Froehling

Postby Thomas Froehling » Mon Sep 22, 2008 14:20 +0000

Hello,
it's been a while since I've edited anything around here, so I had a little scanner session to boast about my HC collection...

Here comes:

ImageImage

ImageImage

HC 4 & 5;
These two were picked up by Dojo member AT73 in Stockholm and forwarded to me; Thank you again, AT73, and thank you, Sensei for the nice sketches in them; I especially like the two color sketch in Book 5.

ImageImage

HC 8 & 10
These two do look a little similar....

ImageImageImage

HC 11 & 12
... as these do; the sketch is in the UY HC 12 "Grasscutter", which I couldn't help but bring to London for a signature. :roll: :wink:

ImageImageImage

HC 13, 14 & 15

ImageImageImageImage

HC 17, 18 & 19
I know I've posted the Sketch of HC 17 above, too, but I included it here nevertheless for completeness; Mara is still very proud of appearing in a comic book...

ImageImageImage

HC 20, 21 & Space Usagi

You may have noticed that there are certain gaps in my collection; so if any of you've got a spare HC 9 or 16, or even one of the Fantagraphics HCs, please let me know... :wink:
Greetings from overseas
Thomas Froehling

Return to Stan Sakai Art Gallery