EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

The Gallery of Marchino

Show off your original artwork collection here! Create an online gallery and post your Stan Sakai portfolio drawings, original cover art, convention sketches, paintings, commissioned pieces, original pages, and whatever else you may have.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

The Gallery of Marchino

Postby Marchino » Sun Jul 27, 2008 21:27 +0000

hi folks!! finally yesterday i go to the SDCC and i meet Sensei so thers some stuff i get from him... :D !!!

i think is me favorite skrull ever XD is aweasome and Sensei its one of the fastest fast drawers i ever seen he made this piece in 5 or 10 min.. or less.. :shock:

and this one its an a scketch he made in me UY Grasscutter

and at last when i go to see David Petersen i ask him if he can draw an Usagi because i saw the UY picture he done and its very good so he say YES!! and he start to draw in me scketch:

thats all i hope the next year i can buy a commision from Sensei also i buy some comics on Sensei both this year like UY vol. 1 no. 1 !!! and the art of Usagi Yojimbo (Radio Comix) and some TPBs!!!!!!yeah!! , as well i bought other things from David petersen..Mouse Guard Fall!!!

Abayo!! :D ,
Marchino!!
Last edited by Marchino on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 +0000, edited 2 times in total.
Marchino
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Jul 27, 2008 22:20 +0000

Some really great items there!

I like the Skrull drawing, even though I am not real sure what a skrull is supposed to be. The name is vaguely familiar from years and years ago, maybe something in an old Thor comic, but it has been so long since I read anything that they appeared in.

Anyways, Usagi looks all irritated because someone took his picture while he had his mouth stuffed full. :lol:

The David Petersen sketch is also really cool! I wish I had thought to have asked him for a Usagi sketch when I met him last year at the MCCC.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Mayhem » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:47 +0000

Love the Petersen Usagi... I actually had the bizarre idea if I go to next year's SDCC of asking him to do Usagi vs Mouse Guard :lol:

(but I'm VERY happy with the commission I did get from him, made getting up early on Thursday worthwhile!)
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Marchino » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:09 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Love the Petersen Usagi... I actually had the bizarre idea if I go to next year's SDCC of asking him to do Usagi vs Mouse Guard :lol:

(but I'm VERY happy with the commission I did get from him, made getting up early on Thursday worthwhile!)

hey i have that idea too!!!!! i would ask him this Comicon but he was very busy...XD

Abayo,
Marchino
Marchino

Postby Mayhem » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:47 +0000

Yeah you had to be there at the doors open to get one of the two slots he was allowing per day for San Diego. I managed it Thursday and the second guy was there at the table about 15 seconds after I arrived! Rather bizarrely I picked up my art about midday on the Friday and the same guy who had gotten the second spot turned up almost the same time to get his. Talk about strange coincidences...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Marchino » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:52 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Yeah you had to be there at the doors open to get one of the two slots he was allowing per day for San Diego. I managed it Thursday and the second guy was there at the table about 15 seconds after I arrived! Rather bizarrely I picked up my art about midday on the Friday and the same guy who had gotten the second spot turned up almost the same time to get his. Talk about strange coincidences...

jajajajajajajajjaaaa :lol: that guy probably is a phantom... :shock: a phantom who likes David petersen art and comics jajajaj :lol:

Abayo and thanks for the comments,
Marchino
Marchino

Return to Stan Sakai Art Gallery