EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

The Gallery of furystorm

Show off your original artwork collection here! Create an online gallery and post your Stan Sakai portfolio drawings, original cover art, convention sketches, paintings, commissioned pieces, original pages, and whatever else you may have.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

The Gallery of furystorm

Postby furystorm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 13:44 +0000

While I only own one piece of Stan's artwork, I would like to share it with all of you. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy this piece from Stan after seeing Mayhem's own pickup of a recreation of the piece. This has been back from the framer for quite some time, and I marvel at it almost daily. It is residing in my living room, and gets quite a few compliments whenever I have a visitor.

So, here you have it. The tip-in artwork for the signed edition of

Volume 23: Bridge of Tears

I really love the way this came out. At first I thought there would be too much white space, but we all know that the negative space can create more emphasis and importance for the subject. Excuse the glare.

Another angle just to decrease the glare.

And a close up to show off the detail of both the artwork, and the linen matting and frame. I love it!

Once again, a huge thank you to Mayhem, and of course to Sensei.

If you guys comment on this, and I hope you all like it, I might be persuaded to show off my one other piece of framed original art. A page from Mouse Guard Volume 1...

I have more, but framing is cost prohibitive, and therefore it takes me a lot of time to get it done.

Thanks for looking! :D
furystorm
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby runnah4life808 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 15:30 +0000

Beautiful piece.
runnah4life808

Postby Mayhem » Fri Apr 22, 2011 17:39 +0000

All I remember was seeing it on Stan's table, so it's good to refresh my memory on how it's different to the piece I own ;)

Which page from Mouse Guard did you get? I've managed to acquire three in my time...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby furystorm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 19:25 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Which page from Mouse Guard did you get? I've managed to acquire three in my time...

Issue 4, page 22, which was donated by David to the CBLDF. It has a nice big portrait of each of the three main mice. Also, it came with an overlay of the rain, which I simply have enclosed in an envelope on the backside of the frame.

I will try to show it off tomorrow. Much simpler framing than the UY though.
furystorm

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Apr 22, 2011 23:54 +0000

Looks fantastic!
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Ghost9 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 19:26 +0000

Yeah, absolutely gorgeous piece! Congrats! I love the yellow and the look on his face, along with the body language.
Ghost9

Postby Maka » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:28 +0000

Hello Furystorm,

That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. You did a wonderful job with the framing. Peace, maka
Maka

Re: The Gallery of furystorm

Postby furystorm » Thu Jul 25, 2019 21:34 +0000

I’m back after many years of absence, with no lack of love for the medium and original art, fostered by my overconsumption of comics for nearly 35 years now. I’m rereading my old post here and realizing I never shared my Mouse Guard page! Well, I’ve got a lot more than that to show here as well once I get my new life in San Diego properly on track.

Huge thanks again to both Kyle and Maka for all the assistance with this year’s SDCC! You guys really helped make the 50th celebration, and my personal 15th year, very special and meaningful.

Thank you,
Andrew
furystorm

Re: The Gallery of furystorm

Postby Maka » Sun Jul 28, 2019 16:13 +0000

furystorm wrote:I’m back after many years of absence, with no lack of love for the medium and original art, fostered by my overconsumption of comics for nearly 35 years now. I’m rereading my old post here and realizing I never shared my Mouse Guard page! Well, I’ve got a lot more than that to show here as well once I get my new life in San Diego properly on track.

Huge thanks again to both Kyle and Maka for all the assistance with this year’s SDCC! You guys really helped make the 50th celebration, and my personal 15th year, very special and meaningful.

Thank you,
Andrew

I’m so glad you got to go, Andrew. I have glimpses of your original art collection on Facebook once in a while. I hope you will post some here. I’m also glad you were able to connect with Kyle. I told you he would be a good guy. Kyle, thanks for taking care of Andrew. Kyle got to meet Andrew before me but I’m sure we will meet sometime in the near future, Andrew. Peace, maka
Maka

Return to Stan Sakai Art Gallery