EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

UY Dojo in polish...

Post problems and requests to the UY Dojo here. Requests include something you'd like to appear on the UY Dojo: Story synopses, Character descriptions, etc.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

UY Dojo in polish...

Postby drproctor » Sun Nov 13, 2005 16:46 +0000

Hello everybody! I am Usagi Yojimbo's big fan from Poland...

In ours land is any website about Usagi Yojimbo in Polish. And I think that is no good :( For some time now I think that I will can to UY Dojo in polish make. But I would want, that it will be official polish Usagi Yojimbo's website. And I want to work completely legal of course!
I guess that this sentence necesaary (of course in polish) on website is:
Usagi Yojimbo, including all prominent characters featured in the stories and the distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks of Stan Sakai and Usagi Studios. Usagi Yojimbo is a registered trademark of Stan Sakai. Names, characters, places, and incidents featured in this publication either are the product of the authors imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons (living or dead), events, institutions, or locales, without satiric content, is coincidental.

But have I anything else make? Need I assent from Stan Sakai?

I will be thankfull for your help...
drproctor
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Nov 13, 2005 23:02 +0000

Welcome to the Dojo, and I would like to wish you good luck in setting up a branch of the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo (?) in Poland. I hope you will let us all know how your web-site is developing / progressing, and provide a link so we can stop by and visit. :D :D :D

Abayo.....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Todd Shogun » Mon Nov 14, 2005 20:38 +0000

Awhile back we had the Usagi Yojimbo EuroDojo...a site with sub-sites of the UYD in German, Finnish, and I think Danish. I don't remember if we had a Polish site, but if you want, submit one for review here at the DojoBoard. The UYD Retainers (and Stan) here will check it out and let you know!
Todd Shogun
Shogun

Postby drproctor » Tue Dec 27, 2005 14:02 +0000

Welcome again,

Polish UY website is now online! You can find it at www.usagiyojimbo.pl
Currently there is not much ready there, except the layout itself, but I am working on the text.I am also looking for other Polish fans of UY, who would like to join me in creating the website.

It would be nice to have you take a look at the website and leave your comments, and to find out chances for the website to become an official Polish website of UY.

PS. To translate from Polish into English you might find this a very useful tool: www.poltran.com/pl.php4
drproctor
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Dec 27, 2005 14:32 +0000

After a very quick look (I need to head out the door for work), I have to say your site is looking very cool and very professional. I am looking forward to spending a bit more time checking it out later.

Hopefully, you won't have any trouble finding other fans to help on the site. Keep up the great work....

Abayo....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Todd Shogun » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:21 +0000

Looks excellent! I'm going to approve this site as the official UY Dojo satellite site in Poland. Superb work so far. Looking back at the old EuroDojo http://www.usagiyojimbo.suite.dk/eurodojo.html we never had a Polish site. I am glad there is now. I also like the fact that you registered the domain name as UsagiYojimbo.pl...awesome!

As a suggestion, you may want to scour through the DojoBoard and search for ssome of Stan's photos from Poland (the ones Steve has posted) and collect then for use on the Polish Usagi site.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the UYD! You've earned your promotion well.

Todd
Todd Shogun
Shogun

Polish UY website

Postby a_pietrachowicz » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:25 +0000

...and do you know what have happened to the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Polska (Poland) Website? It had been working successfully till October or November 2007 and then disappeared. The www address (http://www.usagiyojimbo.pl/) is no longer valid and I can't find where the site was moved (if it still exists). I'm affraid it was definitely closed...
Last edited by a_pietrachowicz on Sun Jan 06, 2008 14:41 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Andrzej (=Andrew) Pietrachowicz
a_pietrachowicz
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Jan 06, 2008 13:25 +0000

Hi Andrew,
Even though I visited the site fairly regularly, usually just poking around on the forum and trying to figure out what was being talked about, I was really surprised when Robweiller posted the following message on the French Dojo forum....

Robweiller wrote:The Polish Dojo has wound up apparently. It just disappeared one day, with no single word from drproctor. I guess he didn't prolong the domain's name and the server... maybe he didn't even want to. He got hitched a couple of months ago, so he's probably preoccupied with something else now. The quality of that forum had declined dramatically anyway, although the site itself was rather fine in my opinion. Plus, the interest in UY in Poland is slowly fading away. This can be caused by the rarer releases. You know, when we had Egmont and Mandragora releasing the books, they premiered every 3-4 months, so it was quite easy to keep the fandom eager and waiting in constant hype. But now, we caught up with the US and thus we get a book once a year (we are going to get "Mother of Mountains in February)... Bummer.

It was a nicely put together web-site and it is a shame that it was allowed to just disappear. Hopefully, drproctor will get around to getting it up and running again. He does not have an email address posted with the Dojo here, but you could always try to contact him by PM through this forum at the link below.....
http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/forum/privm ... post&u=719

or

http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/forum/profi ... file&u=719

Abayo.....
Steve
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby a_pietrachowicz » Sun Jan 06, 2008 17:29 +0000

Thank you very much, Steve.

Now I have sent PM to drproctor and I hope he'll answer our question.

Of course, his "Polish branch of UYD" is only a short abstract of UYD and nothing more, but for my younger friends who couldn't speak English it would have been useful if it hadn't disappeared.

Abayo -
Andrzej (=Andrew) Pietrachowicz
a_pietrachowicz

Postby Krogu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 15:33 +0000

...im fan from poland so ill say that usagi fans are not disappearin :P I bought new "Mother of Mountains" 3 days ago in Empik (comics, book, music polish shops) and someone is buyin it cause there was about 7 copies and tomorrow they had no one in store. Books are comin once a year ( :? ) and im thinking about buyin uy in england on ebuy or somethin cause this 1 a year 180 pages arent enough, i was almost cryin of happyness when i got mother of mountains :D
"A mogło być zupełnie inaczej..."
Krogu

Postby Krogu » Sun Nov 09, 2008 20:36 +0000

Szukam ludzi którzy chcieliby ze mną przywrócić forum i stronę usagiego yojimbo Polską.

=

I'm Looking for people willing to help me in restoration of the usagi yojimbo poland site

(i can't take domain /www.usagiyojimbo.pl/ because its still in someone hands / i tried / )
Krogu

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Nov 09, 2008 21:50 +0000

Can you register it as /www.usagi_yojimbo.pl/ as an alternative to the other name?

It would be cool to see the Polish branch of the Dojo back on the internet.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Krogu » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:21 +0000

www.usagi_yojimbo.pl is free
ill register it.
Krogu

Postby Todd Shogun » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:19 +0000

Go for it. I am not sure what happened to the Polish site...

www.usagi-yojimbo.pl may work better....just a suggestion. Either that or contact the owner. I am willing to bet whoever owned the site still owns the domain (Dr. Proctor?)
Order your UYD Albedo NR 2 T-Shirt today! Only $12!

Todd Shogun
Shogun

Postby Krogu » Tue Nov 11, 2008 17:03 +0000

usagi-yojimbo sounds better

ill take that domain during the week...
Krogu

Next

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Help