EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Trivia Weekly Challenge Rules, Regulations, & Sign-up

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Usagi Trivia Weekly Challenge Rules, Regulations, & Sign-up

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon Feb 16, 2015 20:05 +0000

Nice official sounding title for this introduction to this new feature.

RULE #1
This is for fun, and to promote interaction and participation here on the Usagi Yojimbo Dojoboard Forum.

RULE #2
Have fun, and be nice to each other while doing so.

RULE #3
All Dojo Forum members are eligible to partake, either by participating in a Challenge or by posting a Trivia Challenge. If you are interested in posting a Trivia challenge, please post notice of your intent to this thread in advance (sign up). We should probably limit the challenges to one a week (to start). Offering prizes is NOT mandatory, participation in these contests should not be limited to just wanting to win something. But prizes are still welcome when available.

RULE #4
Let me know if we need any more rules.....

:D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Re: Usagi Trivia Weekly Challenge Rules, Regulations, & Sign

Postby Usagi-chan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:15 +0000

Will all the contests have pictures with them? My computer doesn't let me see a lot of pictures unfortunately. :(
Usagi-chan
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby BuckRogers » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:22 +0000

Usagi-Yojimbo wrote:Will all the contests have pictures with them? My computer doesn't let me see a lot of pictures unfortunately. :(

Steve is the head guy on this one but at least to my understanding the questions do not have to have photos.

In fact, I have a question for next week and it does not involve photos at all.
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby Usagi-chan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:27 +0000

Ok, Thank you!
Usagi-chan

Postby go » Fri Apr 14, 2017 13:14 +0000

Dear Reader,
Does the presenter of an unanswered trivia question get an opportunity to win that month's prize drawing?
Thank you in advance for the clarification.
Best wishes to all!
go
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby Gaffey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 13:44 +0000

Do you mean if somebody comes up with a question that doesn't get answered, do they get the entry for that week? I wouldn't think so. Otherwise the person answering questions could decline to ask the next question or come up with something impossible and try to win every week. You get entered into the monthly drawing by answering the questions only.

Example: You get entered for winning last week's contest, but you wouldn't get entered again this week if your question wasn't answered correctly. The slot/week would be left blank.

This is just my take on the contest.
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby jabba359 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 14:50 +0000

I haven't been awarding entries for stumping people, only for getting the right answer. In that regard, the question asker will still maintain their entry into the prize pool that they received by winning the previous week, whether or not they get an answer to their question.

Since I just sort of made up the rules because I was handling the prize distribution, I'm always open to suggestions to make it better. I'm inclined to keep it the way it is in regards to not awarding an entry for stumping everyone, but if you think there's a good reason that maybe I hadn't considered for changing it, shoot me a message and I'll give it some thought.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby go » Fri Apr 14, 2017 14:56 +0000

Dear Gaffey,
"Do you mean if somebody comes up with a question that doesn't get answered, do they get the entry for that week? "
Yes that is exactly what i mean.
"Otherwise the person answering questions could decline to ask the next question or come up with something impossible and try to win every week. "
Declining to ask the next question or come up with something impossible and try to win every week are not in the spirit of having fun with this trivia game.
However, i do think it is fair that the person asking a real answerable trivia question should get the entry for the week if no one answered the question.
"This is just my take on the contest."
Best wishes to all!
go
go

Postby go » Fri Apr 14, 2017 15:03 +0000

Dear Jabba,
Looks like we posted at about the same time.
"I haven't been awarding entries for stumping people, only for getting the right answer. In that regard, the question asker will still maintain their entry into the prize pool that they received by winning the previous week, whether or not they get an answer to their question."

I am suggesting that each week someone gets into the pool either by winning or stumping, which is the point of a trivia contest...

"Since I just sort of made up the rules because I was handling the prize distribution, I'm always open to suggestions to make it better. I'm inclined to keep it the way it is in regards to not awarding an entry for stumping everyone, but if you think there's a good reason that maybe I hadn't considered for changing it, shoot me a message and I'll give it some thought."

Please consider giving a reward of a spot in the drawing to the person who makes the contest question if no one else answers correctly.
This way there is a chance for everyone to win each week including the person with the question.
Thank you all in advance for this clarification.
Best wishes to all.
go
go

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 +0000

I have to say that I am with Gaffey on this. If nobody answers one of the trivia questions correctly, the poster is rewarded with the opportunity to post another trivia question / puzzle. Since they are already in the drawing for the monthly drawing, and not having a winner for a week already increases their odds of winning the monthly drawing, there isn't really a need to be entered into the monthly drawing again.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia