EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby Eltanin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:44 +0000

There have been many trivia questions requiring creativity in these last few weeks. I have to say I like them very much, and since my last trivia question involved a LOT of flipping through the books, I figured I would give a try at a creativity contest too.

We already have Usagi related pin's, t-shirts, action figures... Think about which new Usagi goodie or toy you would like to have, and tell it here!
User avatar
Eltanin
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 +0000
Location: Wisconsin/France

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby go » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:21 +0000

Usagi hoodie, please.
User avatar
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 17:19 +0000

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby Usagi-chan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:40 +0000

Personally, I would like to see a Tomoe action figure. I now there were designs for one in The Art of UY, and it looked pretty cool there. She's one of my favorite characters.


Darn it, I was also going to suggest a Usagi hoodie! I love sweatshirts and a Usagi one would be awesome!
User avatar
Usagi-chan
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 15:52 +0000

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:57 +0000

go wrote:Usagi hoodie, please.


Would the hood of the hoodie have rabbit ears incorporated into it? :wink:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: On the path of Bushidō

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby Lobster Johnson » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:06 +0000

Eltanin wrote:There have been many trivia questions requiring creativity in these last few weeks. I have to say I like them very much, and since my last trivia question involved a LOT of flipping through the books, I figured I would give a try at a creativity contest too.

We already have Usagi related pin's, t-shirts, action figures... Think about which new Usagi goodie or toy you would like to have, and tell it here!


Can we post more than one idea? I have a few I'd like to see.
I've noticed more and more action figures that are based off of a specific artist's style (Darwyn Cooke and Greg Capullo each have lines of action figures from DC, for example). I'd like to see a UY figure based off of the art style seen in the comics. Maybe it could even be in black and white, just like the comics are! Maybe one based off of the watercolor style of UY: Yokai could be offered as a limited edition variant. There could be a whole line of these! I'd love to see Usagi, Yagi and Gorogoro (with cart, featuring hidden weapons, of course), and Sasuke, among other characters. They could each come with multiple accessories and heads - Sasuke could have a "normal" head and an "aged" head (like when his life force was drained in "Traitors of the Earth"), Usagi could come with a "happy" head and an "angry" head, and Yagi could come with a "normal" head (with his usual grim expression) and a yelling head (for when you make him and Usagi fight, of course, to recreate his first appearance!). Maybe Yagi could also have an arrow in his back, like he did in "Fathers and Sons". Each would have to come with accessories, too. Usagi would come with his swords (or course!), maybe his flute, and his hat and cape he wears in bad weather. Sasuke could come with a sword, some kind of energy blast that could be attached to his hands, and maybe a bow. Yagi and Gorogoro could come with the cart, with hidden weapons and a detachable sword handle, a hat for Yagi, and a bounty poster for the infamous "Lone Goat Assassin"! And this is just a few of many possible ideas! Jotaro, Tomoe, Lord Noriyuki, Kitsune, Katsuichi, Lord Hebi, Chizu, Jei, Gen, Inspector Ishida, Ninja (Komori, Neko and Mogura), Zato-Ino, Bandits, the Wood-Cutters... this would be great!
Sorry for such a long post, but I got really excited about the idea of Yagi and Gorogoro action figures. Great question! :D
User avatar
Lobster Johnson
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 17:17 +0000

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby Maka » Wed Jan 06, 2016 13:25 +0000

I just want another Usagi baseball cap. Any Usagi Hat will do. I wear hats all the time to protect my head from the sun and on the weekends when I don't have to be professional. I would love to show my Usagi Yojimbo fan pride by wearing a Usagi hat of some sort.

Peace, maka
User avatar
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 3205
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 20:10 +0000
Location: California

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby Eltanin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 15:34 +0000

Lobster Johnson wrote:Can we post more than one idea? I have a few I'd like to see.

Everyone can post as many ideas as they like, but if they submit several ideas they must describe them and not just make a list.
Of course, you are allowed to dream or have original and unlikely ideas.

Great ideas so far!
User avatar
Eltanin
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 +0000
Location: Wisconsin/France

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 16:03 +0000

Since the last time we talked about this, I have a couple of new ideas.

Usagi's swords: At first I was thinking full size, but that would be expensive and probably not many of us could enjoy our own set, so I thought how about in miniature? I recall seeing something similar actually being done with some Mouse Guard weapons - http://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/ ... ouse-guard
I've seen this done as some Japanese boxed candy toys. They include the katana and the smaller wakizashi, as well as a display stand. Of course when I want to find an example to show, I can't find anything online... :oops:

Usagi Yojimbo character based Netsuke - yes, your favorite Usagi Yojimbo characters in netsuke carvings. (Netsuke are small, often intricately carved, items - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netsuke)
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: On the path of Bushidō

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Jan 06, 2016 16:29 +0000

maichan wrote:Since the last time we talked about this, I have a couple of new ideas.

Usagi's swords: At first I was thinking full size, but that would be expensive and probably not many of us could enjoy our own set, so I thought how about in miniature? I recall seeing something similar actually being done with some Mouse Guard weapons - http://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/ ... ouse-guard
I've seen this done as some Japanese boxed candy toys. They include the katana and the smaller wakizashi, as well as a display stand. Of course when I want to find an example to show, I can't find anything online... :oops:

Usagi Yojimbo character based Netsuke - yes, your favorite Usagi Yojimbo characters in netsuke carvings. (Netsuke are small, often intricately carved, items - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netsuke)

Just to build on this idea, how about Usagi's daisho reproduced as a letter opener set with a stand..... (all credit to Maichan, of course)
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5918
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 22:29 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:
maichan wrote:Since the last time we talked about this, I have a couple of new ideas.

Usagi's swords: At first I was thinking full size, but that would be expensive and probably not many of us could enjoy our own set, so I thought how about in miniature? I recall seeing something similar actually being done with some Mouse Guard weapons - http://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/ ... ouse-guard
I've seen this done as some Japanese boxed candy toys. They include the katana and the smaller wakizashi, as well as a display stand. Of course when I want to find an example to show, I can't find anything online... :oops:

Usagi Yojimbo character based Netsuke - yes, your favorite Usagi Yojimbo characters in netsuke carvings. (Netsuke are small, often intricately carved, items - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netsuke)

Just to build on this idea, how about Usagi's daisho reproduced as a letter opener set with a stand..... (all credit to Maichan, of course)


Sounds good!

Ah ha! Daisho. Now I know. Domo arrigatou Hubbell-san!
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: On the path of Bushidō

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Jan 06, 2016 23:48 +0000

OK, I guess I should put in a submission for myself this time....

Easy answer, actually.

I would really, really, really love to see a Series 3 set of Usagi Yojimbo statues released by Roku Toys featuring Sasuké, Inspector Ishida, Chizu, Yagi & Gorogoro (with cart of course), and the woodcutter couple. The bonus figure could be Keiko. I would even settle for the Lord of Owls instead of the woodcutter couple if I had to.
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5918
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby BuckRogers » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:07 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:OK, I guess I should put in a submission for myself this time....

Easy answer, actually.

I would really, really, really love to see a Series 3 set of Usagi Yojimbo statues released by Roku Toys featuring Sasuké, Inspector Ishida, Chizu, Yagi & Gorogoro (with cart of course), and the woodcutter couple. The bonus figure could be Keiko. I would even settle for the Lord of Owls instead of the woodcutter couple if I had to.


YES! We seem due for a Series 3 set, no??? There was an old thread about which characters should be in Series 3. I need to find it but I wholeheartedly agree that a Series 3 set is overdue!!!
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
User avatar
BuckRogers
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:08 +0000
Location: Landstuhl, Germany

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby maichan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:07 +0000

maichan wrote:Usagi's swords: At first I was thinking full size, but that would be expensive and probably not many of us could enjoy our own set, so I thought how about in miniature? I recall seeing something similar actually being done with some Mouse Guard weapons - http://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/ ... ouse-guard
I've seen this done as some Japanese boxed candy toys. They include the katana and the smaller wakizashi, as well as a display stand. Of course when I want to find an example to show, I can't find anything online... :oops:


Found 'em!

I think these are called "Gekitou Sengokubusyou" by Boford, and are 1/6 scale. They came in blind boxes.
Image Image Image


So a whole Usagi ensemble would be cool - weapons, armor, helmet, banners, and the complete Usagi line could include allies and foes as well.

Image Image
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: On the path of Bushidō

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby maichan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:08 +0000

BuckRogers wrote:
Steve Hubbell wrote:OK, I guess I should put in a submission for myself this time....

Easy answer, actually.

I would really, really, really love to see a Series 3 set of Usagi Yojimbo statues released by Roku Toys featuring Sasuké, Inspector Ishida, Chizu, Yagi & Gorogoro (with cart of course), and the woodcutter couple. The bonus figure could be Keiko. I would even settle for the Lord of Owls instead of the woodcutter couple if I had to.


YES! We seem due for a Series 3 set, no??? There was an old thread about which characters should be in Series 3. I need to find it but I wholeheartedly agree that a Series 3 set is overdue!!!


I'd be all in favor of this! :)
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: On the path of Bushidō

Re: Weekly Trivia contest - January 6-10

Postby Lobster Johnson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:32 +0000

If the characters' distinctive styles remained intact, I'd like to see some Usagi Funko POP figures. If only so I could act out that Firefly/Usagi crossover I was talking about before. :wink:
Usagi LEGO could be cool too, although I think that has been brought up in earlier threads, so it's not my idea.
User avatar
Lobster Johnson
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 17:17 +0000

Next

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron