EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

stansakai.com shop help

Post problems and requests to the UY Dojo here. Requests include something you'd like to appear on the UY Dojo: Story synopses, Character descriptions, etc.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

stansakai.com shop help

Postby Rustyblade » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:47 +0000

So I have been trying to place an order on stansakai.com shop and have had multiple issues. I figured here would be a good place to ask since I am sure the mass majority of you use the shop a lot and may have had these issues also.

The first is after I go to place my order I fill out the billing and shipping info but where the paypal and product boxes are stuck loading, like it shows them dulled out with a spinning circle that never finishes loading. I have everything on the page allowed so its no an adblock issue, and happens both on my cell phone and pc using multiple browsers.

The 2nd is everything loads but when I click on paypal to pay it takes me to the top of the same page with an error msg. I would tell you it but now I cant get past the first issue lol. If anyone has had to deal with this and figured out how to fix it plz post!
Rustyblade
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: stansakai.com shop help

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 +0000

Sorry, I can't be of any help since I ordered the TMNT/Usagi advanced release hardcover a couple weeks back and had no problems what-so-ever with placing the order.

I can say that one day this past week, I could not get anything from www.usagiyojimbo.com to load. several hours later, everything acted normal again.

I guess that would suggest possibly waiting a few hours or a day and then trying again.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby jabba359 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:28 +0000

I've tried ordering a few times over the past couple weeks with exactly the same problems (if I use auto fill, I get the error, if I enter my info manually, I get the spinning balls once I enter my zip code). I took screen shots and let Daniel know about the issues, which he is passing onto his website people. Hopefully they'll have a fix soon.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Rustyblade » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:53 +0000

Ah ok, thanks jabba!
Rustyblade

Postby Gaffey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 15:23 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:Sorry, I can't be of any help since I ordered the TMNT/Usagi advanced release hardcover a couple weeks back...
Care to share a pic or two?
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby jabba359 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 19:48 +0000

I tried the site again today and it still seems to be broken. Same error as before.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby go » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:41 +0000

Dear Readers,
I tried to order the # 14 sketchbook but the site will not allow me to see my order to check out.
I am using Firefox 55.0.3 as my browser.
Best wishes to all.
go
Last edited by go on Thu Sep 28, 2017 20:01 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby jabba359 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 13:18 +0000

go wrote:Dear Readers,
I tried to order the # 13 sketchbook but the site will not allow me to see my order to check out.
I am using Firefox 55.0.3 as my browser.
Best wishes to all.
go

I also mentioned that in my email about my problem checking out. There's no dedicated button to view your cart (and check out). I suggested they add a persistent "cart" button that shows up on all the shop pages, so you can always reach your cart with one click.

There are currently two ways around the lack of a cart button/link: 1) every time immediately after you add an item to your order, it brings up the option to view your cart, so you can just add an extra item and click through to view your cart (at which point you can remove that extra item you added), or 2) you can manually type in the address that takes you to your cart: http://stansakai.com/cart/
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 0:29 +0000

Tried again tonight. It does seem to be slightly less broken, as it wasn't properly calculating shipping and tax before but is doing it correctly now (no more spinning ball), however when I click the "Proceed to PayPal" button it still doesn't process, giving me the same SyntaxError as before. :(

Maybe it's just trying to get me to wait to complete my order until after the Sakai Signature book gets added to the store, thereby saving me money on shipping by bundling it all together. :roll:
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Mayhem » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:10 +0000

On that note, I've had a few people ask when Stan's exclusive versions of the TMNT/Usagi crossover will be added to the store...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Rustyblade » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:35 +0000

^ This. Was going to ask this myself. Tho I know the guys just got back from the con.
Rustyblade

Postby richarddragon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 +0000

I managed to buy 2 sketchbooks without any problems.

BTW you should tell me which sketchbooks will be included in the October prize pack so I don't go around buying them :lol:
Now would I cheat a friend?
richarddragon

Postby Mayhem » Thu Oct 05, 2017 18:05 +0000

Issues still seem to be there given people are trying to now order Stan's version of the crossover.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Rustyblade » Thu Oct 05, 2017 19:08 +0000

Speaking of which, can I get anyone who is about to buy a copy of the crossover from the store to please grab an extra copy for me? I am about to pay Elt for the the comic con goods and then pay bills so wont be able to order a copy until the 20th and as there are only 30 I doubt any would be left. I will pay for all the shipping and toss you some extra for the trouble! PM me if you can do this!
- Jared
Rustyblade

Postby jabba359 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 22:11 +0000

I suspect there are more than 30, as Stan said he had lots of copies left the other day. I'm guessing the inventory software only displays 30 as available, even if there are more. Either way, I wasn't able to get the coupon code from the email to work, as I kept getting a "Coupon usage limit has been reached". I was trying to order the Sakai Signature plus 4 prints, so thought maybe it was too many items, but even if I try to apply it to a single item I get the same error. I already sent off an email to support about it. Anybody have success with the code?

I think I found a solution to my earlier issue of not being able to order. Since other people have been able to buy things (except Rusty, who is also in California) and the error typically occurs when I put in my zip code, I wondered if it's having issues with processing CA addresses. Sure enough, if I enter my sister's address in Utah as the billing address, I can put my shipping address in the "ship to a different address" and it lets me process through to PayPal (and even charges the proper amount of tax). Now, if I can just get this new coupon to work, I can finally get my order in!
-Kyle
jabba359

Next

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Help