EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

I need to know if I White Washed my version of Sengoku

General discussion (non-Usagi Yojimbo related) about all things Japan -- Feudal Japan, Samurai, Ninjas, Anime & Manga, Chambara films, Japanese Pop Culture, Otaku, martial arts, history, sushi, giant robots, Godzilla... anything Japan-related!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

I need to know if I White Washed my version of Sengoku

Postby lwhitehead » Wed Mar 28, 2018 22:54 +0000

Hi folks I need to know from these Usagi Yojimbo fans here, If my idea for a Hard Grim Dark Fantasy setting based on Sengoku Period timeframe 17th Century but before the Three Unifiers. It was the Bandai Tamashii Manga Realization Samurai,also Inpsired by A Song of Ice and Fire setting as well.

I kept everything of this timeframe Japan of 1600 to 1630, but the people there White specially my Samurai I just wanted to create a Landmass based on the Samurai Class.

The 17th Century Culture, and Society I have used but I have found parallel in Japanese History to European such as the Onin War which in my mind was the Japanese version of the War of the Roses.

LW
lwhitehead
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: I need to know if I White Washed my version of Sengoku

Postby lwhitehead » Sat Mar 31, 2018 0:02 +0000

Ok folks so far so good fingers crossed, I need good Senoku Period sources and books like on Samurai. Samurai books by Turnbull I hear is good but costly,

LW
lwhitehead

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sat Mar 31, 2018 0:41 +0000

A good resource for Japanese history and culture is the Japanese Archives forum....

http://forums.samurai-archives.com/index/
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby lwhitehead » Sat Apr 07, 2018 20:55 +0000

I got that web page on my personal bookmark section of my web server, I'm still worried that people will take this idea of mine the wrong way, Blame A Song of Ice and Fire for my idea of world of the Samurai Hard Grimdark Fantasy setting One were I switched the Racial makeup of the my Japanese like people and Europeans of this world.

I could really use some help,

LW
lwhitehead

Postby go » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:44 +0000

Your local library is a great resource.
"Samurai books by Turnbull" may be checked out for your study.
If they do not have what you are looking for they can order it via interlibrary loan.
Many libraries also have a huge online catalog.
The resource librarian is a good person for you to ask about your ideas.
You could also contact Stephen Turnbull directly:
https://www.stephenturnbull.com/
Have you read Blacksad?
"I could really use some help,"
I hope this helps you.
Best wishes to all.
go
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby lwhitehead » Sun Apr 08, 2018 16:03 +0000

I'm worried that my idea will be seen as Racist by few people and the Japanese?, I'm not personally Racist but this setting take place in 17th Century Japan but before the Three Unifiers.

Since 10 is a lucky number in Japan there will be Ten Great Clans of my setting along with Imperial familes, also the Shogun had a Council Elders which the Great Clans would copy was the Sengoku Period version of a Small Council,

I also theorized what if Miyamoto Musahi was allowed to found his own Clan under a Great Clan, hence the Usagi Clan. My other problem about SAmurai dispight they had Bushido they ended up being more Human then they let on,

LW
lwhitehead

Postby lwhitehead » Wed May 02, 2018 19:50 +0000

I'm getting alot of Heat for this idea on other forums some people are seeing my idea for 17th Sengoku Period with a Racial twist as being Racist or Bigtry, I really want to create this world and my Samurai's and there Culture and Society.

LW
lwhitehead

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Tue Jul 24, 2018 22:38 +0000

Care to elaborate on the heat in question?
Chopalong Slashity

Postby lwhitehead » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 +0000

I may have presented the idea a wrong away, using the term mogaloid by mistake I didn't know at the time of posting it was a Racist thought or comment.

I just wanted to Switch the Races around in the Timeframe, also I was inspired by the L5R RPG setting, and A Song of Ice and Fire aka A Game of Thrones as well.

Ok I admit that I suffered from a bout of Foot in Mouth sickness, the problem is once you say something stupid you can take it back again.

It is the Novel Shogun that is another major source of insperation for this idea, what I fear is that I'll get alot of people with Lawyers upset at me, I really want to work on this setting an create it but World Building is so hard.

LW
lwhitehead

Return to 日本の話題 - All Things Japan!