EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo Trivia for 11/25 - 12/25

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Usagi Yojimbo Trivia for 11/25 - 12/25

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Nov 25, 2018 19:15 +0000

A nice long trivia to give everyone a chance to participate.

Since there has been no news as to what will be following "The Hidden" now that it has concluded, the purpose of this trivia is to submit your idea as to what the next Usagi Yojimbo mini-series will be about. The more details, the better.

At this point, I don't know how the contest will be judged, or by whom, but that will be figured out before the contest period is concluded.

Good luck to everyone.

Oh, for the time being, please PM your answers to me.....

:D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia for 11/25 - 12/25

Postby Steve Hubbell » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:16 +0000

Over two weeks and not a single response..... :roll:

I would have thought someone would have suggested story ideas like "Tomoe's Wedding" or "The Chinese Doctor" which Stan has mentioned wanting to do.

Well, hopefully with the January Previews catalog, due out in another week or two, we will find out what will be coming out next.....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Trevis Woods » Thu Dec 13, 2018 13:03 +0000

Honestly I'm a little nervous that we don't know about anything on the horizon. Usually something has been discussed by now.
I will take any Usagi story. I really enjoyed the Hidden storyline as well as the Mysteries collection.
I would love to see something expanding on past storylines like you mentioned or...
I'm all for a Ninja clan storyline. Something uniting the ninja clans against a common enemy and of course Usagi gets tangled up in the whole mess. Gen and Stray Dog appearances are a must for this as well. I do like the idea of longer arcs like we just had.
Trevis Woods
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Thu Dec 13, 2018 14:24 +0000

Going to guess Jei will show up because we haven't seen him in a while.
Chopalong Slashity

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:41 +0000

Maybe this will give some inspiration / incentive to participate...

New cover art for an upcoming issue

Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Trevis Woods » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:37 +0000

This new cover is awesome!
I did some reading about the story behind this creature.
A "Nue" (japanese chimera) sounds like a very interesting story and this is why I love Usagi. So many things to learn about that I had no idea were even out there to learn about :D
Trevis Woods

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Fri Dec 14, 2018 14:33 +0000

Just remembered Jei showed up in the most recent TMNT crossover. Ignore my past prediction!

Am betting 50/50 odds Sasuke shows up in this Nue story, though...Also, that's some stunning cover art!
Chopalong Slashity

Postby jabba359 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 16:38 +0000

I might have heard a very general thing or two about possible upcoming Usagi stories (though nether of those seem to match with the cover above). The letters section of The Hidden #5 (or maybe it was #6) hints at who we might see in the near future. The other general idea I heard is from a part of the interviews that didn't make the final cut of the documentary.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Maka » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:12 +0000

I don't know about the near future except something about Stray Dog coming back.

But I'll put out an idea for a future story: A powerful man (samurai or mobster) who lives by his own code of ethics suffers a head injury. Their ability to make wise decisions is compromised. Those under him and his jealous competitors see the opportunity to take advantage and eventually take over his power in the town/district. This powerful man has lost his wife and only has a daughter. He has raised her to provide wise counsel to him. And in his compromised mental state, she is forced to take on the role of protecting her father. But there is also the societal and familial conflict of children/women respecting and holding their place below men/parents in Japanese culture. She has to navigate these internal and external conflicts and pressures to protect her father while he is slowly losing his mind. In the end, she finds clever ways to allow her father to live and die with dignity and take over the family clan/business. She is no saint, she makes mistakes along the way that have tragic consequences. But she perseveres and is another strong woman character to add to the Usagi Universe.

Usagi doesn't even have to be in the story.

Or another idea is retelling the Tolstoy’s story of the King who asked three questions to all his wise leaders "What is the best time to do each thing? Who are the most important people to work with? What is the most important thing to do at all times?" People give various answers that are contradictory and unsatisfying. So he goes to visit a wise hermit in the mountains. When he gets there he asks the questions but the hermit is just working on digging the land to make a garden and doesn't answer the king. After a while, the king decides to help the hermit because he might answer him if they get done with the job. After a few hours, a man comes running out of the forest bleeding from an open wound. The king helps to dress the wound, using his shirt, and having to squeeze out the blood, wash it, and redress it several times until the wound stops bleeding. It is exhausting work but the man is placed in the hermits shelter and makes it through the night. The next day, the injured man asked the king to forgive him. Why? Because his family had their home and land taken away from them when the king expanded his kingdom, and some of his family died. So when this man heard the king was going to the forest he decided to wait for him to return and he would kill him. But when he didn't return right away, the man came out and was seen by some of the king's army, who stabbed him. He managed to get away but then the king found him and saved his life. The king was happy and promised the man to give him back his land, home and give him a position in his staff. Finally, the king is about to leave, and tell the hermit he never answered his questions. But the hermit tells the king already has his answers. What? The hermit tells him, “Yesterday if you had not helped me with the digging, you would have been killed on your way home. Therefore the most important time was the time was helping me dig, the most important person was me, and the most important pursuit was to help me. Later, when the wounded man ran up here, the most important time was the time you spent dressing his wound, for if you had not cared for him he would have died and you would have lost the chance to be reconciled with him. Likewise, he was the most important person, and the most important pursuit was taking care of his wound. Remember that there is only one important time and that is now. The present moment is the only time over which we have dominion. The most important person is always the person you are with, who is right before you, for who knows if you will have dealings with any other person in the future? The most important pursuit is making the person standing at your side happy, for that alone is the pursuit of life.” (I just read this story and have just type the same from the retelling of this story, the last couple of sentences are lifted from the story directly).

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Trevis Woods » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:42 +0000

Based on a new Facebook image posted today and the previous image below, I'm guessing a new Sasuke storyline!!!!!!!!!
That makes sense given the history of the "Nue" (japanese chimera)...Should have guessed Sasuke to begin with!
Sorry don't have access to post the new image right now.

Steve Hubbell wrote:Maybe this will give some inspiration / incentive to participate...

New cover art for an upcoming issue

Trevis Woods

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Jan 02, 2019 15:15 +0000

Well, this went on about a week longer than anticipated, but I am going with Maka as the winner since he was the only person to suggest a possible story idea.....

So, congratulations Maka, your turn to post a new trivia..... :D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby lookatyouhacker » Wed Jun 12, 2019 16:14 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:Over two weeks and not a single response..... :roll:

I would have thought someone would have suggested story ideas like "Tomoe's Wedding" or "The Chinese Doctor" which Stan has mentioned wanting to do.

Well, hopefully with the January Previews catalog, due out in another week or two, we will find out what will be coming out next.....

Well, the "Tomoe's Wedding" story in particular is something I have been hoping Stan would get around to, and I'd also like to see a few more stories with Noriko as the villain. In fact, how about a story where Noriko teams up with Jei to kill Usagi. Of course, Noriko's motivation for killing Usagi is that she hopes that doing so would cause Tomoe to feel despair. Plus, she thinks he's just as guilty of thwarting her gold mine as Tomoe is.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia