EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 variant group ordering

A forum for trading UY comics, books, and other collectibles. Looking for missing back issues? Want to sell/trade your extra copies of UY? Want to post your eBay auction? Then look no further!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 variant group ordering

Postby maichan » Tue May 21, 2019 9:19 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Updated "Tessa Rose" cover to "Jak's exclusive Tessa Rose" cover and added pricing on that one.

FYI... :idea: just noticed on the Wiki you have her listed as Tessa Page, not as Tessa Rose.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby jabba359 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:45 +0000

Trevis Woods wrote:Kyle,
Message sent on FB regarding:

maichan wrote:I see some minor updates I'd like to make to a few of my requests

List updated.

maichan wrote:FYI... :idea: just noticed on the Wiki you have her listed as Tessa Page, not as Tessa Rose.

Thanks, got that fixed. For some reason I got "Page" stuck in my head. I've made that typo with her name a few times. :oops:

Frankie's Comics cover posted on the wiki and IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews thread on the main page. I like it. It has dinosaurs. :D
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby jabba359 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:45 +0000

Comics and Ponies pricing is up. I do have to pay tax ($5 set), but a single set runs $12 for shipping and handling. If I order a quantity (say 8-10), you'll likely only pay about a $2 or so share of shipping and handling, as prices don't increase much for bigger orders. Even with tax, it should save about $5 over ordering direct (for those outside CA. Inside CA saves about $10).
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Fri May 24, 2019 14:50 +0000

...and just added the Frankie's Comics exclusive pricing.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Sat May 25, 2019 15:17 +0000

I put in the second Slab City order so it's closed. This weekend I'll be putting in the Legends Comics and Games Fresno and New England Comics orders.

Just a heads up that I plan on putting in orders for the Excelsior Collectables Brea, Frankie's, and Vault Collectibles exclusives this next week (see listings for closing dates), so time is running out to add your name to those orders.

I think I got PMs out to everyone that is on the "interested pending price" list for these ones that are closing soon.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Mon May 27, 2019 16:05 +0000

New England Comics variant is ordered and now closed. I'm giving Legends Comics and Games Fresno a couple extra days since I have a little more time before their pre-sale special pricing expires.

I also realized Excelsior Collectables Brea could be extended (I'm working on better pricing), so removed the cut-off date until I hear back from them.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Mon May 27, 2019 18:06 +0000

Good news! I found a friend going to Heroes Con that is willing to pick up 11 sets (the current list) if I'm unable to buy directly from Heroes, who I've emailed inquiring about these. So even if I can't get them directly from Heroes, I'm very confident that I should have everyone covered as long as they let her buy 11 sets, that is.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Mayhem » Tue May 28, 2019 3:44 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Good news! I found a friend going to Heroes Con that is willing to pick up 11 sets (the current list) if I'm unable to buy directly from Heroes, who I've emailed inquiring about these. So even if I can't get them directly from Heroes, I'm very confident that I should have everyone covered as long as they let her buy 11 sets, that is.

Great news! :D may consider the souvenir book too given Stan's news heh.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby jabba359 » Tue May 28, 2019 18:19 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Good news! I found a friend going to Heroes Con that is willing to pick up 11 sets (the current list) if I'm unable to buy directly from Heroes, who I've emailed inquiring about these. So even if I can't get them directly from Heroes, I'm very confident that I should have everyone covered as long as they let her buy 11 sets, that is.

And Heroes emailed me back and said they would set aside 11 sets for me and will ship to me directly, so I don't have to have my friend get them. So I'll have them for sure! That's super awesome of them!
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Maka » Tue May 28, 2019 19:06 +0000

That’s super nice of them. Of all the variants, I thought that would be the hardest to get ahold of. Awesome news indeed! Thanks! Peace, maka
Maka

Postby maichan » Tue May 28, 2019 19:43 +0000

jabba359 wrote:

And Heroes emailed me back and said they would set aside 11 sets for me and will ship to me directly, so I don't have to have my friend get them. So I'll have them for sure! That's super awesome of them!

That's great news, and like Maka said, super nice of them! Did you have to drop Stan's name (like he mentioned) to get those results? :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby jabba359 » Tue May 28, 2019 20:45 +0000

maichan wrote:
That's great news, and like Maka said, super nice of them! Did you have to drop Stan's name (like he mentioned) to get those results? :lol:

Sort of. In all my emails, I've been telling the comic shops I'm ordering for members of "Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo forum," just so they understand why I'm attempting to acquire multiple copies (and usually included a link to this thread so they could see for themselves).

I think emailing the correct person, in this instance, helped. I had contacted two other people at Heroes (one via email and one on Facebook), but didn't hear back. So I looked at their "about us" section and this last time emailed the two people that seemed most likely to handle this sort of thing. I didn't really change anything in my message this time around, but got a response.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby maichan » Tue May 28, 2019 21:20 +0000

jabba359 wrote:
maichan wrote:

Sort of. In all my emails, I've been telling the comic shops I'm ordering for members of "Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo forum," just so they understand why I'm attempting to acquire multiple copies (and usually included a link to this thread so they could see for themselves).

I think emailing the correct person, in this instance, helped. I had contacted two other people at Heroes (one via email and one on Facebook), but didn't hear back. So I looked at their "about us" section and this last time emailed the two people that seemed most likely to handle this sort of thing. I didn't really change anything in my message this time around, but got a response.

Persistence & perseverance. And the Kyle touch! :D
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby jabba359 » Tue May 28, 2019 23:31 +0000

Updated with pricing (which ended up being lower price than expected) for the HeroesCon Charles Vess exclusive. The wiki has been updated with black and white and color images of this cover.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Gaffey » Wed May 29, 2019 13:13 +0000

jabba359 wrote:And Heroes emailed me back and said they would set aside 11 sets for me and will ship to me directly, so I don't have to have my friend get them. So I'll have them for sure! That's super awesome of them!
Signed by Vess?
Gaffey

PreviousNext

Return to RYAAAA! Marketplace