Hi Usagi Fans,
Here are some of the more recent updates with Usagi!
Comic News Update:
- Since June of 2019, UY is now published in full color by IDW Publishing.
- Past issues will be recolored starting with a secondary comic set to release in January 2020 called Usagi Yojimbo Color Classics which will also feature a brand new Chibi Usagi story!
- Halloween ComicFest Giveaway. It also features an original Chibi Usagi story you don’t want to miss! Ask your local comic book store about this.
- 35th anniversary issue #6 will be a retelling and expansion (8 pages to 24) of Stan Sakai’s first Usagi story! This will be accompanied by a handful of variants. Not as many as #1, so it won’t be as overwhelming! 🙂 Features an INCREDIBLE retailer incentive along with a few surprise collaborative covers.
Graphic Novel and Art Books Update:
- Dark Horse is continuing to publish the past b/w version of UY with its final Saga installment set for release in 2020.
- Usagi Yojimbo: 35 Years of Covers by Dark Horse is set to release on December 3rd.
- Usagi Yojimbo: The Complete Grasscutter Artist Select will be released for purchase (most likely at IDW Limited) soon. Please check Stan’s Instagram or FB for news on the release date. Here’s a peek at the contents posted by Maichan on the UY Dojo.
Usagi Yojimbo TV Show Update:
- No official comment on this, but it’s most certainly ongoing! These things take time, so we appreciate your patience. Here’s the initial article.
All the Best,